The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for that! Looks like a whole lotta not-a-gps fix! I guess I'd rather see that then have them tell me that was supposed to be the fix.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Well..  I do a lot of deep rural; work in TX and LA and had to switch from T-Mobile simply due to lack of coverage.  This was years ago but I still see others complaining of the same issues.  Same with Sprint.  If you need rural, you get AT&T or Verizon around here.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

It has been @ 100 days since this thread was opened about a possible problem with GPS on the Galaxy Note 3.

And still no fix for one of the essential requirements for a smart phone these days.

How on earth has ATT been able to ignore such a huge and glaring problem?

Upgrading to this phone was one of the happiest geeky/tech days of my life.

Since then I have missed turns, gotten lost, been unable to play certain games (Ingress + Enlightened = Awesome) and lost some personal files because of a "we need to completely reflash your phone, but we'll back up all your data" due to this known issue. I have spent so many hours trying to figure out if it was something I had done that was causing this problem. I did factory resets. I didn't install apps. I didn't update apps. All in the hope that I could fix what was broken. I asked friends with Note 3s on Verizon and they stated that they didn't see a problem at all...

Of course they didn't, right ATT?

I get that updates take a LONG time and a LOT of red tape to get through before they can be released. I get that there are legal reasons why you cannot admit fault or even acknowledge that there is an issue to begin with. But you make sure you fix it. You make sure you figure out a way to make that very expensive device work on your network. Even if you stealth patch it, you patch it.

I hate that I have spent way more time figuring out what is wrong with my Note 3 than enjoying it. Today a $300 smartphone w/o a functional GPS is useless to the user and embarrassing to the carrier. 

It has been @ 100 days since this thread was opened about a possible problem with GPS on the Galaxy Note 3. Please fix this. Preferably yesterday.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

All corporations are the same now.....the airlines' customer service has merged with all other industries to form an overall corporate culture of "we don't care" but please call our glorious "outsourced" customer service so we call kindly tell you we don't care.

Whether it's Comcast or ATT or Delta or USBank or my local power utility.....they all read from the same script.  Have you ever dealt with a hardware problem in an HP laptop....makes ATT support look caring.

If you have a problem not caused by you, then you'd better take a couple days off work to try to fix it and then...

Nothing truly ever gets fixed.....you get what you get....and I'm in the same boat.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I swear the GPS is worse after the update. AT&T is leaving those of us who love the Note 3 no choice but to fix it ourselves.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

I'm waiting anxiously in hopes that they inserted some new GPS files into the upcoming KitKat update and that we get it soon. It'll be completely crushing if they don't fix it in the new update. I need a working GPS!

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

That update was not the purported "fix".  It is still to come.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

The fact that we've waited so long for AT&T to resolve a vital function of their flagship device is utterly unfathomable.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

If we were talking about not being able to set a screensaver to adorable pandas - that would be an over-reaction.
If we were talking about a ringtone not playing the latest Lady Gaga song properly - that would be an over-reaction.
If we were talking about not being able to watch Kitten .gifs on our phone - while tragic, that would be an over-reaction.

I have been more than patient waiting for a fix. I have done more than my share of troubleshooting and searching for a solution to their problem. A functioning GPS is important to many of us. There are those that hope for a certain level of service and communication from their carrier.

I am one of them.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

So you're saying we should just buy a Garmin and ignore it? Some of us use GPS as a critical function of our work and fitness lives. Buying a device this expensive you don't expect to have these issues or at least have them fixed quickly. I don't mind a few bugs here and there, but this is major and everyone knows what the fix is already. What bothers me more than the problem itself is the utter lack of communication or status updates on this.

Also, the more attention that is brought to this issue, the more likely we are to see a fix. You may call it whining but if no one speaks up, nothing will be fixed. You should be thankful to the vocal minority for shouting for a fix that will actually help all those too lazy to report it and "just deal". I don't think expecting a critical service to function properly is being entitled or demanding. Maybe you're content to be a mere ATM for big corporations, but I prefer to actually get the services I'm paying for.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.