The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Initially I thought my father's Note 3 on T-Mobile had the same problem. I was wrong. Sad to say I'm so jealous his Note 3 doesn't share it our GPS woes. 😞

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I just tested the GPS on the way home. It typically dropped about 3 or 4 times on this route but did not drop once after the morning update. Worked great. GPS indicator seemed to be different. There was a constant solid circle in the middle. Before always blinked. I will continue to test but so far so good.

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I just tested, it's still broke. however, it does somethjing it never did before, the signal comes back within about 2 or 3 minutes without having to manually invoke GPS.  it's an inprovement, but still broke.  if the kitkat upgrade doesn't fix it, then i'll root the phone and replace the files myself.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I just installed the ATT update. I checked gps right away. While I did not go for a ride I can confirm that plugging or unplugging power drops gps immediately. Bummed and tired of this.

Got root?

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Same story here..  I went on my ride.  The GPS errored all over the place...  perhaps even worse than usual.  *sigh*..  Perhaps todays update was just some sort of precursor or bootloader for the Kitkat update.   

Oh yeah...  and it managed to wipe my playlists..  So thanks for that AT&T !!

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Arguing still with at&t customer care on twitter and still telling me that the update never happened or released ! This argument been going on several hours. Lol all I what did the update fix. I cant find any info on it anywhere! Nobody knows!

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Hi again,

I've been watching the thread, even though I have not posted in a long time) and when I saw info about some update, I got excited.

I installed the update and I can 100% confirm THIS DID NOT FIX ANYTHNIG RELATED TO GPS

I seriousley hope this update was not supposed to be for the GPS issue, because if it was, it did not replace the 6 GPS config files that are causing the issue and that means the update MISSED THE ENTIRE FREAKING POINT!

Would be nice to see a change log for the NB4 update. Maybe it was a prep for a soon to come kit kat update?????? Maybe???

On a side note, my coworker who's phone we rooted and replaced the GPS files... Well his GPS is still working great. He does have one issue were the icon acts funny, but the GPS is perfect.

Anyways, best of luck eveyone and I hope AT&T really does care about it's flagship phone customers, but at this point looks like they don't 😞 

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Can I post pics on here. ... I want show people what att told me on twitter

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

@ATTMarianaCM   Are u listening? The Software update that was released few days ago did not fix the GPS Issue.Please tell us or confirm that this is NOT the UPDATE you were talking about in your Previous Post.

I hope AT&T resolves this Issue ASAP. It seems easy to fix this Issue via an Update since as discussed in this forum the rrot cause of the issue has been determined.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

You can post a pic,  just look for the "Insert/Edit Pic Icon" in teh toolbar above the text box when editing a message to be posted

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.