The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

No,reviews of the flex have been poor at best screen is horrible. In
addition LG is not as good as samsung or Motorola etc at updates and being
an oddball model it's likely to receive little support if any. They have
Confirmed they are working on a software fix so that's a huge improvement
in itself. But if you insist on switching phones LG would be my last pick
especially such a poorly reviewed gimmicky model as the flex

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Fyi, I know 7 people so far that filed a complaint to the FCC cuz of AT&T Note 3 sorry GPS! Its funny I know people with Tmobile, and Sprint Note 3 and told they have no problems with theirs. I'm hoping filing complaint FCC stings a little....Its a goal I have to spread the word as much as I can! I'm not stopping till its fixed!

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

From all that i have been reading the 4.4  leak AT&T vers of the firmware the GPS works also and no bugs. I wonder why they are taking their time in releasing it, if that would fix it.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I decided to stick with the Note 3 instead of switching to the LG G Flex hoping AT&T will fix the GPS issues soon. I like the 3GB vs 2GB of memory, the 1080 vs 720 resolution, the USB 3 connector vs the USB 2 connector, and the 4.3 (soon to be 4.4) vs. 4.2 Android version.

S-Pen is nice, but not a big deal for me. It is the other specs that really do it for me.

I figured I can put up with the GPS issues for another month or so. I figure the KitKat ROM will be coming within the next 2 months which should fix the GPS issues even if they don't come up a fix before then.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

@mastaofdacat If anything switch to the G2. I used that before getting the Note 3. The screen is both beautiful on AND off. The flushed glass as well as the glass feels amazing. It just feels smoother than the Note 3 for some reason. Had it not been for the 2GBs of RAM and a slight problem with the signal I would have stayed with it. After disconnecting from a call it sometimes loses all signal and regains it anywhere from 10-45 seconds later. Happens about 5-10% of the time. And no, AT&T is also "unaware" of the issue. Even showed a girl working at the AT&T store that uses that as her work phone and was unaware that her phone was doing that. Flip side is the G2 will be LG's first phone to get the KitKat update so hopefully that gets fixed soon but then again that's less of an annoying and crucial problem than this GPS problem. To clarify, the G2 DOES NOT drop calls, just loses signal sometimes after a call. 

LG has also copied Samsung's multi-window and it exists on their G-Flex so I'm assuming once KitKat his the G2, it too will have it. Samsung's Kies and Kies Air are bloated and over complicated apps with limited functionality. LG's answer is something baked into the ROM itself called Wireless Storage. Turn it on and set the password and your G2 appears as a drive on your computer without you having to connect any wires. You can read/write to the drive wirelessly, just like the phone was plugged into your computer via USB. Worked brilliantly, you can drag and drop or copy and paste any files to exactly where you want unlike the convoluted Kies Air. Ergonomics of the phone feels spades better in your hand compared to the Note 3 with that stupid sharp temperature sensor hole on the bottom right hand corner that keeps digging into your palm. If I didn't think it'd be stupid to carry around two phablets I'd carry the G2 as my second phone. The killer for me was the 2GBs of RAM and at the time lack of multi-window and some of the Note 3's S Pen functions. I'd never get the G-Flex with the 720P screen. 

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

So I went for another training ride this afternoon for just under 35 miles and I experienced 1 GPS error.  While this wasnt perfect, it's far above what I've been accustomed to.  Typically, over this route, I'm lucky to get 5 or 6 miles without an error so I'm still having a bit of cautious optimism but things are looking up.  I might play with the settings a bit more.  I break tomorrow but will be going on really long rides this weekend.  Those will tell the tale for sure.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Ranmaniac, I tried that program and it doesn't help. In fact, it actually confirms the compass issue I discussed in earlier posts. The compass of the phone only works properly if the phone is laying flat on its back. So if you are using it on a cars GPS stand, the phone has no clue which direction you are facing. I know that will confuse other GPS such as TomTom & Garmin; if it thinks you are facing one way and heading another it will botch the directions.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

TomTom & Garmin will ask me to make a U-turn when it doesn't realize I'm facing the right direction

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I read on another board that the phones with N900A T# 4-4 right next to the sim card is not having a problem. My phone has N900A T# 3-3. 

Curious if anyone with the 4-4 is having a problem in here..

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Well,

As yall can see..  I cycle quite a bit.  We had a long club training ride, yesterday, 60 miles.  The Mapmyride app errored 4 times but recovered rather quickly on its own without me having to wake it up.  This is markedly better that what I used to get before installing the GPS Toolbox app.  Before, It may lockup and never recover until I wake it.  So I wouldnt call it a "fix" but it sure has made a difference.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.