The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Well by saying as soon as you have an update you'll post it, does that mean that AT&T has acknowledged the problem and is "ACTUALLY" in the process of working on a fix for it?

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

My review for note 3 sale page on ATT got rejected lol. Hmmmmm. Lol just got an email.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

@mastaofdacat Probably too much profanity? LoL. Keep it clean and just link it to this posting.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

Can't believe no offical response from ATT yet and 10 pages users posting on here.

I am going to report soon if my GPS is still working, might take the car out today and driving out to NJ this Sat, so should really know by this weekend.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My review on att page got rejected too

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Lol I kept it clean. Maybe I said Note 3 only sucks on AT&T lol only rocks on other carriers? ?! O well just speaking the truth!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

good luck with them calling you back.  the note 3 just worthless gps period...some phones are just like that. i regret the day i brought mine.  i put it away and am back to using my note 2.  at least the gps is solid.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

To quote the International Business Times:
"The Android 4.4 KitKat update includes such features and improvements as "immersive mode," an updated lock screen design, "always on" hands-free navigation, decreased fragmentation with Project Svelte, an updated dialer and caller ID, text message and Hangouts integration, a complete emoji keyboard, updated NFC powered features, cloud printing and storage, TV and Bluetooth compatibility as well as screen recording."

Notice the part the "always on hands free navigation"? I wonder if KitKat will fix our problem?

Full article: http://www.ibtimes.com/android-44-kitkat-update-galaxy-note-3-rollout-continues-samsung-admits-fault-third-party-accessory

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Add me to the list also! I noticed the issue about 3 weeks ago, called ATT they sent me a new phone, I restored all my apps and of course it still drops the GPS on the notification panel at the same time it loses itself on the map or app. So I called them back and they say they have not heard of the issue before and escalated it to Samsung who also says they have not heard of this issue, Samsung said I could "reflash " my phone with updated firmware if I send it in or have a service center that is capable. So I called the nearest Service center, who also never heard of our issue and they said they can reflash my phone, but it's the same firmware that I have in it, not an updated one like Samsung stated.

I use Waze primarily, that seems to drop more often then Trapster or even Maps, so I pull down the switch menu, turn off GPS, turn it back on and it locks on immediately.

I do believe it is an installed app that is creating the issue, I am going to backup my phone again and do a factory restore as mentioned, install just a few core apps and give it a shot...

EVERYONE in here having issues has to contact ATT and/or Samsung to report this problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I think some on here have already gone through the exercise of installing app by app, and found it didn't help.  But woud love to hear your results as well @cheezomlet  because if it IS an app then there's hope for us all.  Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.