The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

the first thing i did was disable att updates, after setting up the phone.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

You can't Disable the AGPS update data once the device is connected and has a Sim card first of all.  Secondly if you don't recognize the fact the difference between a hardware and software issue their is no way in heck you are a Network Admin for any company in the US.  If you had a computer running windows Vista where it constantly had issues with the graphics card..yet took the EXACT same computer and installed windows 7 and it ran flawlessly would you assume it's a hardware issue? That is the EXACT same issue we are talking here with the GPS issue with the Note 3. 

A+/N+/MCSE/CCNA

P.S in no way was it a personal attack on you, you however displayed a lack of knowledge on the issue and how early you were making an assumption.

P.P.S the Note 3 is not all that hard to root in the slightest...however it does void the warranty and on such a high price phone that's an unacceptable solution in my and many others eyes.

P.P.P.S No i am not a rocket scientist but i do have a fairly technical background and Diagnostics is my speciality  (Though typically with computers) Still it's a fairly easy diagnosis to make with the info provided that it's 99.9% not a hardware issue.  Is it possible your ONE case was? Sure!  Is it likely? No

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

psxsage, You do not know what was wrong with my phone, because you did not work on it, end of story.

Not a personal attack??  

psxsage  Secondly if you don't recognize the fact the difference between a hardware and software issue their is no way in heck you are a Network Admin for any company in the US.

So if my experience is with this phone so far is not the same as you i can't work in the US in Tech.

Like i said maybe my phone's gps will screws up again and if it does i will posted it here first.

BTW I blocked all att firmware update.

Plus you can root without tripping knox,  and i agree with you, we pay a lot for these phones and service and ATT should not be locking them.

• 

4.4K Messages

10 years ago

Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the Forums - please make sure that you are not detracting from any other user's experience.Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment in the Forum, including through the Forums private messaging system, are not acceptable.

Thanks for your help in keeping the community a friendly, productive environment for all members.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Again as i said (if you had read my post) i said is it possible yours was a hardware issue? Sure! Is it likely? No a hardware fault would generally either work or not work not sporadically work.  But we shall see in 3 weeks or so.

Second It's not just the firmware that is suspect as replacing ONLY the GPS files with that of the international version of on rooted phones has ALSO fixed the issue.

Third you CAN root without tripping Knox

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I look forward to Reading/Seeing how your phone fares in 3 weeks and hope for both our sakes that i AM wrong.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I'm really not having a pleasant experience on these forums.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Me either since the issue remains Unresolved and mostly unattended to 😛

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Isn't it so nice that AT&T can respond to say everyone needs to play nice, but has relentlessly "REFUSED" to address this GPS issue??? I also went through this game as all of you did, I was a long time Samsung fan, has the SIII, Note 2 then the Note 3, after countless calls to Samsung and countless more calls to AT&T, each saying they were unaware of the issue and blaming many different reasons, I got rid of my Note 3. I just got a iPhone 5s and have had no problems whatsoever. Apple doesn't have to worry too much about being competetive with Samsung, ol' Sammy will just pus the customers they're way. Sad something so stupid ended a long term relationship. As for AT&T, when T-mo's coverage improves a bit, it'll be bye... bye AT&T.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

P.S. That was... ol' Sammy will push the customers there way.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have this issue as well. I clicked the 'Me Too' button on the first post.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.