For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had my GPS drop 3 times today driving in my city of San Diego.  Called AT&T last week, talked to 3 ATT reps and the only person who had an idea said that not all ATT towers are LTE, so when my signal transfers from an LTE to one that is not, my GPS is lost.

I opened a case with ATT, but still have not heard anything back from them.

No Solution...and my ATT bill is very expensive.

I would welcome a call or text from an AT&T rep with a solution.

Dale

[edited for privacy]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I think the google map update from the app store would not help, our gps problem came from att and they need to come up with a solution. Take a few minutes to file a FCC complaint using the link I shared, rather than wasting your time with att reps over the phone.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

EVERYONE!!!

Please click the "Have same problem button" at the bottom of the original post.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-GPS-Issue/td-p/3824953/highlight/false#.UvI7-tJDs6M

This will let AT&T know how serious it is.   over 14 THOUSAND people have searched/looked at it...  but only 66 have clicked the "same problem button.

PLEASE!!!   do whatyou need to do (register) and click the button!!

Danny

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

I called tech support many times and finally got them to send me a replacement phone. the new phone seems to not have any of the GPS issue we are experiencing.

I tested it and my replacement Note 3 passed all my test:

While using google maps in turn by turn nav I:

Picked up a call (twice) and it return to nav easily 

I plugged in the charger and unplugge it a few times, gpd did not drop.

I drove into a 5 level parking garage, it dropped gps as it should but once i came out of the garage, it picked up gps in seconds, crazy fast.

I never reset the gpd or reboot the phone.

My previsous phone failed all these test everytime, and att and Samsung tech support were no help, had no info on this issue.

People don't waste your time trying to fix a lemon, you paid a lot of money for this phone, get it replace and keep replacing it until you got a good one.

I am so happy now, hope you guys the best of luck.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

While happy yours is working for the moment trust me it is only temporary
and replacing the phone is a bandaid. It's been confirmed several times
over it's a software issue as T-Mobile and Verizon variants do not have the
issue at all..in addition flashing custom ROMS eliminates the issue
entirely as well. Also some of us myself included have the most recent
version of the phone so it's not limited to early batches either. See you
in a week or two.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

BTW my new build # is the same as the old:

N900AUCUBMJ5

it might be hardware related, if it was software, there would be 10 or 100 of thousands of complains on these boards not a few hundred.

get your phone replaced

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

For the second time it is NOT hardware related almost everyone on these forums (That have reported this issue in the thread) have had their phones replaced 2-3 times some MORE same issue re occurs after 1-3 weeks every single time.  In addition the SAME phone model works fine on T-Mobile and Verizon...along with ""broken"" AT&T phones work FINE after a custom rom flash or flashing with a different GPS file if it was a hardware fault this would NOT fix the issue.  Your issue will re occur and no the forums would NOT have 10,000+ complaints because many people do not use the GPS on their phones (or post on forums).  While i appreciate yours is temporarily fixed please stop spreading false information about something that has been proven by people who are far more technically savy than yourself.  Cheers

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

I hope you  psxsage are wrong, cause i love this phone now and am so relieved.

but if the issue comes back again i will root and fix or sell it and buy a Nexus 5

it is amazing how useless ATT is, maybe kitkat update will fix it.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

I agree AT&T is useless but several people have had the exact same issue as you...replace the phone works lovely for 1-3 weeks till it gets the AT&T updated software issue re occurs.  If after 3+ weeks your phone still works fine passing all those tests Video record it and i will eat my words but thus far it has failed to happen.  Believe me i hope i AM wrong but i would near stake my life on it that i am not.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

psxsage

"technically savy than yourself"?

how do you know what my tech skills are?

for your information, i work as a network admin and tech support for over 15 years.

And I am not claiming I know more than you or anyone on these board, maybe you are a rocket scientist, but I know enough to troubleshot an issue.

Maybe my phone was hardware and everyone else is software? how can you prove one way or the other.

And maybe my will break again, but no need for personal attacks because so far my experience different than you.

I have rooted every tablet and phone i have owned, but not everyone is able to root or knows how to root, plus this phone is hard to root due to att boot lock.

I wanted to post share my experience, because not everyone post once their issue is resolved.

If my breaks again I will post it here first.

Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.