For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Man tried GSM only / GSM auto switch on. 30 mile drive. Results either maps navigation was slow to keep up with my moving and it dropped GPS twice. Another trip I used airplane mode and navigation just froze up. This is annoying! AT&T thanks again! All it takes is over the air update to fix but NOOO ITS NOT AT&T FAULT! FOR GEEZ SAKES AT&T CANT DO EVERYTHING FOR THIER CUSTOMERS ! AT&T DIDNT MAKE THE PHONE ITS SAMSUNG'S DOING! THEY FIX IT!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah, no luck here. If anything, doing either of the options I described caused it to be worse.

I am at a loss. Airplane mode is not an option for me as my family could potentially need to get a hold of me while I'm driving or while I'm out on a jog/walk. I really love this device, but the GPS issues are killing it for me. 

Getting desperate here. Thursday is my drop dead date for exchanging this phone for a different one.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

^^^ what u think about the LG Flex? Looks enticing but 720 display n washed out grey whites. Other than that phone looks great on paper! Then there is other option if you want a Note 3 and seems doesn't mind you doing since they don't want to fix an issue ....GO TO A CARRIER WITH A WORKING NOTE 3 😉 .

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

^^^ sorry edit ....AT&T seems it doesn't mind since they don't want to fix an issue ...

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

ATT what is the update on this issue?

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Gee. What shall I say then?

AT&T YOU ARE DOING A FINE JOB HANDLING THIS ISSUE. ALMOST AS IF IT NEVER EXISTED!

THANKS FOR UP TO DATE AND INFORMATIVE POSTS THAT KEEP YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS HAPPY AND EXCITED TO BE A PART OF SUCH AN AWESOME INSTITUTION!

Good golly, I sure hope this post doesn't get corrected or removed.

Sad when you post the truth how people get scared and cover things up.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Why can't we get any information on the resolution of said issue regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue?

You all have been given all the essential information about what it is, how it happens, who it's happening to and how to fix it.

So what's the hold up?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

FYI, I just file a complaint on FCC and of course this board was attached for reference. For rest of us here, I strongly recommend to do the same using the link below and hope we can put some pressure on ATT side.

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

JUST COMPLETED COMPLAINT TO FCC!

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Maps program was update today with "bug fixes." Has anyone tried it out?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.