The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

@ms_unicorn - any words of wisdom?

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Anyone at @ChangeMe8

Or @ChangeMe8

OR @AT&T?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

This is a very important app to me right behind making calls an emails
I travel a lot and depend on it for getting me to clients locations almost every day and it drops gas sometimes at critical times
Please fix soon

Will 

[Edited for privacy]

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I am still within my 14 day window after getting my Note 3. Since the LG G Flex is coming out on Tuesday, I'm seriously considering switching to that phone.

The GPS issue is dangerous for me to have to turn off and on GPS 4 or 5 times while I'm driving in traffic to and from work. I count on Waze to find my best route home as it can mean a difference of up to half an hour each way. It also loses GPS signal while I'm out on my jogs and I'm tracking it with Endomondo. Very bothersome to have to pull out the phone, turn on GPS and back on all while trying to keep jogging.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Make sure everyone clicks on the "me too" button in the first post of this thread! MAYBE someone will eventually give a hoot!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Like many I have the same issue. ATT has eaten 2 Note 3s from me on warranty and of course this did not resolve the issue.

I am currently looking for an app that can reset gps automatically or I might write or have one written, as i am not willing to Root the phone for obvious reasons.

Other than taking calls and notes while taking calls the GPS function is the most critical for me in my business. I love this phone but I'd hate to have to buy a Garmin to solve theissue.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

As an interesting note on the issue, this bug only causes loss of GPS reception and not GLONASS.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I have a Garmin and this issue needs to be fixed because I'm not going to use it. It works on the S2 that I still have AND the two S4's that I still have flawlessly. This issue puts a flagship expensive 5***** phone and brings it down to two. The reality is some things you pay for and they should just work. This isn't a beta test phone.
There were plenty versions of "Galaxy" phones before this that didn't have the problem out the box, even when Google Navigation was beta!

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

"Hi were AT&T ! We took your money, o yea ...GPS ...yeap not our problem ! We don't make the phones ..we just sell em! Samsung makes the phone , they messed the phone up ...call them ! Complaint department is over if your still not satisfied and its just for complaints if you want to vent . Thanks for shopping at AT&T ." AT&T thank you for screwing up a great phone that I spent 700 bucks and Verizon's / Sprint's / T- Mobile's Note 3 doesn't have this problem! GOING TO LOSE CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU LOSE THEM WITH YOUR STUPID GPS SIGNAL .

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hahahaha. AT&T, Rethink possible.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.