The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I have a question. I only have gps as my method of location tracking. I have network location disabled. Waze works perfectly...until the "gps issue" occurs. However, google maps doesn't register my location AT ALL. The gps icon does appear at the top of the screen. Now if I were to enable network location, google maps will show my location, albeit inaccurate. So my question is, why doesn't google maps behave the same as waze?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Don’t buy Or Replace your galaxy note 3 , untill they can  fix the problem  ( at&T Or Samsung )!  they all have Gps signal issue ,I Bought and replaced Samsung note 3 for 3 times  and that couldn’t solve the GPS signal issue , Not sure what’s the problem ( hardware or software ) I hated Samsung now and thinking to go back iPhone again , I called At&t and Samsung regarding this issue , but there is nothing they can do !!!! Except offering you a replacement ( that I already had 3 of them )  and came with same issue  !

according to Samsung they don't have any complaint regarding  Gps signal on note 3 , but that's not true , I myself called them at list  10 times to report this issue since the first time that I noticed that (3 months ago) ,,but Samsung keeps ignoring this issue !!! and they don’t care !!!!, I love to use Gps on my phone when I’m on the road , that’s why I decided to get large screen cellphone ( Samsung note ). But now I feel like I paid $700 for a defective device 😞

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

My husband and I are both having issues with our Note 3 and constantly losing gps signal. We just moved to Colorado and it's really easy to get lost here and end up in a black hole somewhere in the mountains. I would love a fix for this. I came over to the Note 3 kicking and screaming because I loved my iPhone but I quickly had to thank my hubby for forcing me to switch. I do love the phone but I would love it more if it didn't get me lost lol. I am thinking of buying a stand a lone gps system.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

Some one else pointed this out also:

EVERYONE... Please go to the original post, and click on the "I have this problem too"

Hopfully this will help escalate the issue with AT&T.

Next step, is everyone start posting on your Twitter, facebook, and other social media about this problem.

From what I can tell, EVERYONE has the problem, but most people only use thier GPS occasionaly, and do not notice the problem until they NEED to use thier GPS... or soeone points it out.

...Lets point it out to them....

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I've spoken with ATT ... the case number is:

cm20140124_81542408

I've also sent this info to ATTMarianaCM and hopefullly she'll provide some additional info.  They (ATT tech manager) told me that I would get a personal call from one of their developers by Jan 29th with at least some type of resolution (acknowledgment is all I'm really looking for at this point).

I'll report back as soon as I hear from them. 

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

48 hour mark, no Sim card and no wifi. GPS still working perfectly. Ok I'm going to turn on wifi and see what happens, I'll report back in 24-25 hours unless it fails before that.

I wonder if the AGPS data can download with no Sim?

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Having same Gps signal lost issue. I have two friends having the same issue. Too many people have this issue. If iPhones would of had this issue it would be front page news!

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

At about 7pm last night I connected to my house WiFi and GPS still worked. I then went out at about 8:15, I tethered my Note 3 to my Galaxy S2 (the sim card is in the S2) and it still worked.

just test again this morning; 12 hr mark since Wifi, and it's still working. I'll test again at about 8:30~am (12 hr mark since tether) and see if it makes a difference.

One thing that was odd, when I connected the Note 3 to my S2 by tether last night (8:15ish pm), I got the "Prevention Information" popup for the 1st time??? No idea if it is connected to the issue, but it is odd since that was a wifi to S2 and the S2 was on LTE.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just got my Note 3 yesterday and noticed my poor GPS performance today. 

I bought it at an AT&T store on the NEXT program. Can I return it and get a new replacement? What should I expect?

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Well 24.5 hours since I started using Wi-Fi (and yes I used gps a lot with Google maps), just tested 4 times including a simple reboot and it still works.

Now I'm going to sign into everything and install my apps. Just no SIM card. If all is good in 24hrs, I'm going to put the sum card back in. If it happens after that, I'm going to be convinced the issue is the A-Gps data.

I made a backup of the 6 gps config files. When the issue returns, I'll try and compare them and see what changed.

Does anyone know where the A-Gps data is stored?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.