The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

@Delpidg wrote:
Tested the GPS again today and paid attention to when signal was lost on my Samsung galaxy note 3. It happens when the network connection switches between 4G and 4G LTE. This appears to be the issue.

I had the same observations too. If there is a way to switch off LTE and remain on 4G only when using GPS, that might help us.

Turning the GPS off via the status and turning it on again re-establishes the GPS signal and location on the maps. Can be very annoying having to do it everytime signal drops.

Some users reported that installing GPS Status & Toolbox helped them. It didn't in my case.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I instaleld a free app - Permissions Manager and using this, was able to disable location permissions for almost all other apps. After this, I still got the GPS Signal Lost message, although very rarely. 

I went to the ATT Device Support Center with this issue. They told me they removed the SIM and inserted it back again, and they said this should help. 

After a couple of days testing, I find the message does come up, but very rarely, and even when it does come up, it immediately picks the GPS signal on its own and continues to guide me, without me having to kill the app and key in my destination again.

Now I am happy with my Note 3.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

add me to this list.  Called AT&T and worked with tech support to try to figure out what the problem was..

anyone figure out the solution yet?

I've tried about every trouble shoot technique mentioned on xda forums to no avail.

Really frustrating!!

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Found a solution that worked for me. Goto Settings->General-> Application Manager-> ALL

Scroll Down to App called Samsung Apps and unistall all updates to factory setting.

This fixed my GPS drop out issue.

Also install an APP called Samsung TTS HD US English to improve the voice quality of your Maps app

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately this Does not work for me.

Judging by the other comments above it is SAFE to say that GPS on Note 3 should not be used as it is NOT dependable.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Any update on this from your Side : jam_out_man ?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Same issue with my Note 3. Constantly loosing the GPS signal. Sometimes just for a short jump, sometimes long enough to cause me to loose my way. I had an HTC Vivid before this and that was practically the only saving grace of that lemon- the GPS worked well. My problem started from the purchase of the phone so an app is not likely the issue. It has improved over time without me doing anything. I'll consider a factory reset but not happy about it. 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

and now to automatically register the tread for replies. 🙂 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Same issue with my note 3.  last three days have been a real pain.  i can get the gps signal back fairly quickly by launching GPS status app (free), then it stays active for a few seconds to several minutes.  THe problem seems to be worse in week network areas.  Perhaps it is tied to 4G to 4G_LTE switching as an earlier post mentions.  Help would be nice.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I've had three of the following: S2, S3, two S4's, and now my Note 3. The Note 3 GPS is terrible. We've had no problems with any of the other phones and this is the newest and most expensive one. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with thek issue yeti feel it should not even be an issue as this phone is better than all of the other phones I've listed in every way except the faulty gps. They need a fix. It is not a temperature related issue. Cell phone towers and GPS satellites are two different animals so I don't understand why one would affect the other.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.