The Samsung Galaxy S24
Nibiru's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

That's right guys, a 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS update was released yesterday morning! Here is a support article with everything you need to know about it:

Update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Nothing has been announced yet. When we hear anything we'll make sure to let everybody here know.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

10 years ago

I talked to At&t rep..was told prob End of February. But I have watched vids on the kitkat update released already to the Note N9005 there are not many changes...just my opinion I wasnt impressed would rather stay on 4.3 its a beast.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Galaxy S4 is also to get Kit Kat.  But with AT&T you never know.  Other carriers will have it before us here.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

KK 4.4 is mostly "under the hood" update;  it's designed to with lowend handsets in mind, to a degree.  It only requires 512 MB ram, whereas <4.3 is required 1 GB memory.

I wouldn't be concerned with losing any performance with KK upgrade - everything I've read so far has only shown substantially improved benchmark scores.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

KitKat is primarily a refinement build, a sport-tuning if you will. It's a bit disingenuous to say it was made with low-end devices in mind, although it'll admittedly be great on them; the point was to maximize performance while minimizing power consumption.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Sadly as years go on I think we all realize that when new Android OS's come out they simply pass AT&T users by or we get them almost a year later, by the time there's already a new(er) version. Sad but true. Don't hold your breath. 

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah it's too bad and really sad when you have a major carrier that takes FOREVER to update any of their devices to the new OS. oh sure Apple gets the stuff done quick because it is through them. Android takes way too long to get updated. I am sure it is because all of the engineers are swapping stories with upper management about how best to add more bloatware to the devices that want to make them run slow or update constantly. Yes... AT&T is REALLY QUICK about updating THEIR content and bloatware but they want to make us suffer on the OS updates. Why keep paying for a device when it takes so long to get what everyone else has had for a year or so. As mentioned by the time we get the updates everyone else already has the next newest update. What a croc way to run a business AT&T. I have been a customer for 6 years when I came back from another carrier. My next time is going with either an unlocked Google device or simply just dropping my service and going with another option. This is stupid. We pay our bills and yet we still get treated like a third-world "person" or worse because you deem it necessary to take forever to give us what we should be getting.

And this is from someone who just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Awesome device... lousy support.

Signed "AN UPSET CUSTOMER"

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

So when it finally rolls out will we get an automatic update?

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

KitKat 4.4.2 is already in the making for our phones .. I have proof ..

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.