The Samsung Galaxy S24
Nibiru's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

At&t has just released kitkat for the note-3. Start downloading it now, everyone

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

4.4 is loaded on my note 3. Moved a couple of apps to test Sd card. Still working 🙂

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Just got my Kit Kat update last night! So far so good!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

my phone states "no updates available", asks me to check back in 298 hours.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

10 years ago

I'm happy to say that I love KitKat on this device.  Most if not all of the random lag is gone, apps load faster, etc.  Overall a much better Android experience.

Android 4.4 KitKat is a version that Google worked on to make Android slimmer, lighter, and with less fat around the stomach.  They made it so that it could run on more lower-end devices such as devices that have 512 MB of RAM.  So, you can very well imagine how a slimmed down version of Android would run on a high-end Android handset like the Galaxy Note 3.  As fast as a cat trying to get away from water.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, But AT&T will put Plenty of their Bloatware software in the update, that most people do not even use and lock bootloaders so you can not Root.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

10 years ago

I don't have root, I never rooted, yet I turned most if not all of the provided AT&T crapware off and I have a smooth running Note 3.  I did it all via the Manage Apps screen.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

Yea me and my friend updated ours. Only a unexplained lag on the first to boots after the update and then it behaves pretty well. See how things develop.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I have been getting an update notification for 3 days now.  I thought it was  KitKat - which I do not want.  Who knows what that is.  I am keeping my WiFi off to keep it at bay.

@executivemike wrote:

FlashAnnotate.jpgHad same mysterious samsung update this morning when I rebooted.

1 Attachment

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

I just purchased the Note 3 yesterday and had been reading about the 4.4 update but hadn't seen any update notifications yet.

i hadn't looked at my phone for an hour or so and opened it to find it was downloading an update. At first I thought it was 4.4 until I saw the small size. 

It finished and the phone functioned fine after the update. I then ran software update which found and installed 4.4. 

this is my first Android phone and I really like this phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.