Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Tutor

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Message 1 of 99
Guru

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

The SO files are binary files, I compared MD5 checksums and they didn't match on the files I mentioned were changed.

Message 76 of 99
Mentor

That is good news really, on the GPS fix. I'd rather wait and get the gps corrected. Kit kat is not going to provide any substantial change in look or feel. I use a launcher anyway so I've had kit kat icons since they came out. The rest of the improvements are all mostly hidden. So if you have a note 3 which is already blazing fast, you will not likely notice a big change. I think when the upgrade hits a few older devices  it will likely feel faster. I've been on ATT for a long time and have gotten wrapped up in software drama, always looking for the next update. But I made a decision after owning a skyrocket(GS2) that I would never purchase a phone again that I wasn't happy with right out of the box. Since then I've been very happy on ICS(GS3) then Jelly Bean(GS3, Note2 and Note3). The GPS is a little more practical. So I'd really like it to work well all the time if possible.Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 99
Teacher

So wondering of the note 2 is going to get kitkat before the note 3.  Rumor has it samsung is going to be pushing that out here shortly. 

If ATT does push it out before the note 3, what will all of you do?

Message 78 of 99
Tutor

Well, I took the plunge and did the fix off XDA's site, fully working gps and phone.  I did however get a CS to give me 2 months 1/2 credit off my bill, and was told if a working fix was pushed out before the SG5 is out, I could swap for it at no charge. So my wife will most likely get that deal.  Im happy now with the GN3.

Message 79 of 99
Guru

I've had no issues with my GPS with every instance of using it. I will say though when the device is plugged in, the GPS locator icon in the status bar does go off. I will admit I don't personally use GPS that often.
Message 80 of 99

At&t has just released kitkat for the note-3. Start downloading it now, everyone
Message 81 of 99
Tutor

4.4 is loaded on my note 3. Moved a couple of apps to test Sd card. Still working Smiley Happy
Message 82 of 99

Just got my Kit Kat update last night! So far so good!
Message 83 of 99
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

That's right guys, a 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS update was released yesterday morning! Here is a support article with everything you need to know about it:

Update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 84 of 99
Tutor

my phone states "no updates available", asks me to check back in 298 hours.
Message 85 of 99
Guru

I'm happy to say that I love KitKat on this device.  Most if not all of the random lag is gone, apps load faster, etc.  Overall a much better Android experience.

Android 4.4 KitKat is a version that Google worked on to make Android slimmer, lighter, and with less fat around the stomach.  They made it so that it could run on more lower-end devices such as devices that have 512 MB of RAM.  So, you can very well imagine how a slimmed down version of Android would run on a high-end Android handset like the Galaxy Note 3.  As fast as a cat trying to get away from water.

Message 86 of 99
Scholar

Yes, But AT&T will put Plenty of their Bloatware software in the update, that most people do not even use and lock bootloaders so you can not Root.

Message 87 of 99
Guru

I don't have root, I never rooted, yet I turned most if not all of the provided AT&T crapware off and I have a smooth running Note 3.  I did it all via the Manage Apps screen.

Message 88 of 99
Mentor

Yea me and my friend updated ours. Only a unexplained lag on the first to boots after the update and then it behaves pretty well. See how things develop.
Message 89 of 99

I have been getting an update notification for 3 days now.  I thought it was  KitKat - which I do not want.  Who knows what that is.  I am keeping my WiFi off to keep it at bay.

@executivemike wrote:

FlashAnnotate.jpgHad same mysterious samsung update this morning when I rebooted.

Message 90 of 99
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support