The Samsung Galaxy S24
Nibiru's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

That's Samsung's "Kies". Sorry for the confusion.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Is the kitkat available in Kies already?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Absolutely, as long as you have a T-Mobile or Sprint Note 3... Smiley Indifferent

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I'm hopeful that the KitKat update has the GPS fix as well. My wife and I both have Note 3's (aka $1,400 of electronics in our hands) that we hope when driving will always have at least one of the two with active GPS.

If I go with a Note 4, it won't be the AT&T version...no matter how different the CPU is. Locked bootloaders should be optional when you flat out purchase the phone. If I buy it, I own it and want to tweak it to my liking without voiding a warranty.

So Sprint, T-Mobile, and many international carriers are enjoying the 4.4.2 on the Note 3. When will it come to us AT&T users in the Good 'Ol U.S.A.?

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

IT has been 2 weeks since the released of s4 and sadly no update for noye 3 kitkat. Second largest carrier my butt. If you want to compete with tmobile Update the note 3, cuz Tmobile released kitkat for note 3 last week

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Why you are rushing to Kitkat anyway? Do you know that your external SD card will become READ ONLY?

No more moving apps to the external storage. I will not mention apps which will stop work and they will never work in Kitkat. Enjoy Jelly Bean!

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

10 years ago

Even if kitkat does come out soon I plan on waiting to install it on my new Note 3 anyway. I'm not having any problems now and can therefore wait and see how stable Kitkat is on the Note 3 first.

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

@toja3

>Why you are rushing to Kitkat anyway?

Only one reason: because of the GPS issue!

Once the SD card problem graces me, I will voice my opinion loudly and speak with my wallet to get that fixed.

Also once my phones warranty expires, I will root and then visit x d a to apply the sdcard fix, which I know, if it doesnt already exisit, will soon. 

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T & Verizon are the only US carriers to lock down the phone bootloader using Samsung Knox so they can maintain complete control over the device.  This is taking the engineers more time. 

IMO this is a big business mistake - Folks who really care about this will likely have a workaround and will be be the most frustrated by AT&T  -> moving to T-mobile or Sprint.  Hope that AT&T gets the message that it should spend time building it's network and not locking down devices that consumers purchase.  At some point the government will step in and we will all look back at AT&T as the evil empire while T-mobile is the liberator.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

"@Smartfast"

You can fix GPS now, when you root phone. 6 files to copy over faulty ones, are already on x d a

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.