Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Tutor

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Message 1 of 99 (28,145 Views)
Mentor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

[ Edited ]

It is starting to get embarassing,  even more if Verizon releases it next for both phones.  I still think ATT will release it soon and even before the HTC One.  Something Samsung can gloat about next week at the MWC.

Message 16 of 99 (18,158 Views)
Tutor

Sprint released KitKat for their Note 3 today. C'mon AT&T, get on it!
Message 17 of 99 (18,140 Views)
Teacher

ATT and Samsung must have something between them since they have not released 4.4 on any samsung device on ATT.  LG and HTC both have released 4.4 on ATT.  

Both ATT and Samsung need to stop with the Bull and release the update and in a working order!  

Message 18 of 99 (17,670 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Galaxy note 3 update

How is the s4 getting the kit kat update before the note 3 smdh at&t yall Dead wrong s4 got two major updates note 3 none
Message 19 of 99 (17,197 Views)

Re: Galaxy note 3 update

I just checked to see if there were any new updates this morning and I was surprised to see a notification that said it was going to update. When the update finished (38.47MB) I didn't really notice anything new or different. So I checked the Build# and Version#. I googled them and came up empty handed. What the heck kind of update did I just get??? This is the number I have now jss15j.n900aucubnb4 and still shows Android 4.3, with a Baseband version of n900aucubn34. I can't find ANYTHING on these updates. I have a screenshot showing the update in progress, and the version #s. I have no idea what just downloaded, but rest assured,  I will be reaaaaaaaaaaaally mad if that is all we get for an "update"!!!!

Message 20 of 99 (17,131 Views)
Contributor

Re: Galaxy note 3 update

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to my Note 3 this morning.  38Mb update to.... nothing?  Still on 4.3 and waiting I guess.  Anybody get answers to this yet?

Message 21 of 99 (17,091 Views)

[ Edited ]

Had same mysterious samsung update this morning when I rebooted.

Message 22 of 99 (17,072 Views)
Tutor

Anyone know what this latest update did or has within it?  Like others, mine was updated but I'm still 4.3..

Also, is there a way to disable automatic updates from AT&T? Is it in the security settings?

Message 23 of 99 (16,911 Views)

It's probably wishful thinking but maybe a precursor for KitKat? I certainly hope so!
Message 24 of 99 (16,844 Views)
Scholar

Message 25 of 99 (16,634 Views)
Teacher

Why not the Note 3

So you released the 4.4.2 update for the S4 before the Note 3? Why the heck would you do that? I don't care what issues you have with Samsung, get over it and stop hurting your customers. The Note 3 has not yet had a major update from you guys even though it seriously needs one. And to have the S4 get the KiKat update before the Note 3 is just insulting to say the least.
Message 26 of 99 (16,518 Views)
Contributor

Re: Why not the Note 3

agreed

Message 27 of 99 (16,404 Views)
Contributor

is there any way to push the pre update ? it keeps saying install interupted

Message 28 of 99 (16,401 Views)
Teacher

The S4 was out 6 months before the note 3, so why shouldnt the s4 get it first

Message 29 of 99 (16,318 Views)
Teacher

nburgos305 wrote:

is there any way to push the pre update ? it keeps saying install interupted

Try doing it through Keys.  You should be able to get it from there since Samsung finally posted the update to there site.

Message 30 of 99 (16,311 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.