The Samsung Galaxy S24
slimsta82's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 3:01 PM

Samsung Galaxy Mega I527 Firmware

Hi all. I've recently purchased this phone at full retail price and I'm trying my best to work with it. Does anybody have a link or could somebody tell me how I could find a download for the stock firmware that came with it? Is that possible? I didn't see it anywhere on Samsung's page. I think it would be different though since this one is AT&T branded right?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I am willing to pay if that helps at all.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

You would have to search the internet for this.  The AT&T forum isn't the place to talk about phone modifications.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Oh ok. See I'm not asking for a modified version of our firmware. I'm just asking if anybody has the one that comes on it. Thanks though. I've searched for like a week now and this is my last effort.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

The place that I'm thinking of probably has the stock ROM, as well.  Unfortunately, I can't point you to that place here.  Have you tried to ask this question on Android Central?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Do a search on forum.xda-developers.com. There, I said it.

A quick Google search should have come up with multiple ROM dumps for you. Make sure to double and triple check that it is the correct ROM you're downloading and flashing before doing anything. Also, when using ODIN, make sure to follow whichever directions you're using to the letter. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Searched there, but found nothing for the firmware.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

That's where I come from. Tried to do the Rom dump myself. We've tried EVERYTHING. We have a bounty going and everything for the firmware. I'm close to saying it's not possible to find it on the internet now. Thanks for your time though bro.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

I see.  If anyone can find it, you all can.  Good luck to you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

XDA-Developers would have a link to the stock firmware. You'd have to get ODIN to load it. That or go the normal route and let Kies update your phone.  If you have tried to hack your phone and have it in a state that needs reloading, only a ODIN reload will help you.

BEWARE: there is a bogus site saying that 6.x and 7.x firmware is available. Ignore them and reset your phone back to stock. Give it a day or two and then check for updates. Let it update normally. Don't ROOT or disable KNOX, it will cause an update bootloop.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.