Samsung GS4 64GB version?

Mentor

Samsung GS4 64GB version?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know wheather AT&T is going to get the 64GB version of the Samsung GS4?  And if so when?  Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 7 (5,378 Views)
Master

Re: Samsung GS4 64GB version?

Good question. After a quick Google search, it doesn't appear that they'll be planning on it, but maybe they will expand their choices (and their phones' internal memory). Smiley Wink

32GB sounds like your best bet at this time. Fortunately, you have the option to use a microSD card, even though the storage options are somewhat limited.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 7 (5,323 Views)
Mentor

Thank you for your help!  Still not sure what to do, I want to put movies onto my phone and they can take up alot of room.

Message 3 of 7 (5,256 Views)
Master

You're welcome!

Yes, movies and other videos can definitely take up a lot of space. I'm not sure if they would be able to be saved on a microSD card or not?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 7 (5,189 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Really hoping ATT gets this too. Which ever wireless carrier gets 64GB S4 first, gets my new account Smiley Happy

Also since Apple offers a 128GB IPad I'd love to see this in a phone especially since Samsung makes the memory!

Message 5 of 7 (4,561 Views)

I got the 32gb and I'm using a 16gb SD card and its plenty. I've got 5 movies on here and I'm not even close to filling it.
Message 6 of 7 (4,536 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Bump!

Here's another vote for the S4 64GB. I have been eligible for an upgrade for nearly two years and am still waiting for the perfect phone to come out - Apple's offerings since then have really just been minor tweaks compared to Samsung's offerings. I'm on an iPhone 4 and for me right now (since Apple refuses to deliver a decent screen) the best phone option for me would be a 64GB Galaxy S4.

For those whom 16GB is "plenty:" not everyone has the same needs as you, so stop being so myopic. What I would do is install two offline navigation apps (Nav Free and TomTom) and also my re-rip my entire CD collection and also transcode all my iTunes purchases - which will require a lot more than 64GB.  Besides - with the phone as shipped, you actually cannot move your apps to SD (unless you use odin to upgrade to Samsung's latest release) and with the OS taking up to 9 GB of internal storage before you even take it out of the box, 16GB is pathetic and 32GB can be a little tight after adding a couple of offline navigation and reference apps.

Bring on the 64GB S4 - and why not give us the Octacore version while you're at it?

Message 7 of 7 (3,695 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.