Samsung Focus No-Commitment Pricing

Contributor

Samsung Focus No-Commitment Pricing

Hello

If i buy a Samsung Focus with No-Commitment Pricing is the phone still simlocked to AT&T or can i use the phone with any other carrier?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Master

Re: Samsung Focus No-Commitment Pricing

Yes, the phone is still SIM locked. AT&T currently won't give out unlock codes (just like the situation with Captivate) until 10 months later. Also, most places won't sell you one unless you have a valid AT&T account.

Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Thanks for your answer.

So there is no way to get a Samsung Focus whitout simlock?!

Message 3 of 9
Master

AT&T never sells any phone without sim lock.

Message 4 of 9
Contributor

Does Samsung only sell this phone through AT&T or is it possible to buy the phone elsewhere wihtout lock?

Message 5 of 9
Master

Samsung typically only sells through carriers. Focus is an AT&T branded phone. And so far it appears to be exclusive to AT&T.

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

Hey i bought Samsung Focus from Radioshack without contract (No-commitment Pricing). when i paid full price why should i get locked to a carrier.. and is it legal?

Message 7 of 9
Expert

vhkprasad wrote:

Hey i bought Samsung Focus from Radioshack without contract (No-commitment Pricing). when i paid full price why should i get locked to a carrier.. and is it legal?

there is no law requireing a carrier to supply a unlock code for the phone, so no it is not illegal. No commitment pricing is just that - you can get the phone and add it to ATT's network without committing to a 2 year contract, period.

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Teacher

I spoke with Samsung support, quoted an IMEI of a phone I was looking to buy from US for Australia - and they quoted me JUNE 2011 as getting that phone's unlock code ex Samsung.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support