For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ueli's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 13th, 2010 10:26 AM

Samsung Focus No-Commitment Pricing

Hello

If i buy a Samsung Focus with No-Commitment Pricing is the phone still simlocked to AT&T or can i use the phone with any other carrier?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Samsung typically only sells through carriers. Focus is an AT&T branded phone. And so far it appears to be exclusive to AT&T.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, the phone is still SIM locked. AT&T currently won't give out unlock codes (just like the situation with Captivate) until 10 months later. Also, most places won't sell you one unless you have a valid AT&T account.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for your answer.

So there is no way to get a Samsung Focus whitout simlock?!

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

AT&T never sells any phone without sim lock.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Does Samsung only sell this phone through AT&T or is it possible to buy the phone elsewhere wihtout lock?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Hey i bought Samsung Focus from Radioshack without contract (No-commitment Pricing). when i paid full price why should i get locked to a carrier.. and is it legal?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@vhkprasad wrote:

Hey i bought Samsung Focus from Radioshack without contract (No-commitment Pricing). when i paid full price why should i get locked to a carrier.. and is it legal?

there is no law requireing a carrier to supply a unlock code for the phone, so no it is not illegal. No commitment pricing is just that - you can get the phone and add it to ATT's network without committing to a 2 year contract, period.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

I spoke with Samsung support, quoted an IMEI of a phone I was looking to buy from US for Australia - and they quoted me JUNE 2011 as getting that phone's unlock code ex Samsung.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.