The Samsung Galaxy S24
Audra13's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 1:47 AM

Samsung Captivate how to change the phone's number

when i go under settings--about phone--status--under phone number how do i change that nummber ?

for some reason it's showing my nephews phone number & not MY phone number.

thanks

audra

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

It seems most likely to me that your nephew has your SIM card and you have his, probably by mistake. You will need to switch your and his SIM and put your SIM once you get it back into your Captivate... Basically, you have his phone number, and he has your's.

If you happen to have difficulty taking the back cover off the phone, (I know I sure did) slide the bottom gray rectangular plastic piece down and the take off the "GALAXY S" backplate. Remove the battery and your nephew's SIM and place your's into it. Place the battery back in and secure the cover back on.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

Take your nephew's SIM card out of your phone. Sounds like someone made a switch...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

how do i take off what's on the sim card ?

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

No, the SIM is your identity on AT&T network. You don't take anything out of it. You take it with you. Which ever phone has your SIM card, that's your phone. Go swap your SIM card back and put into your phone.

Think it as your driver's license. You don't  leave it with anyone else. You take it WITH you all the time. It is your one and only ID for using AT&T network until a new one is registered for you (then the old one will be non-functional).

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

does it go into the phone=does it stay there ?

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Open the back of your Captivate. On top of the battery, next to camera is a little white plastic card with AT&T logo on it plugged into a slot. This is called SIM card. You need take the battery out in order to slide out the SIM card. Get your SIM card out of the other phone and slide into your Captivate.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

thanks ya'll so much for fixing this for me & not making me feel like i'm to stupid for this world.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome. 🙂

Take care!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.