Samsung Captivate: Sound not working over loud speaker

Tutor

Samsung Captivate: Sound not working over loud speaker

No sound from loud speakers.

I dont hear any notifications, no sound when I put a call on "speaker", no alarm sound, no music sound, nothing.

Phone calls work fine though. Everything works over the earpiece as well. Its just the loud speaker thats not working.

I have all the notifications and volume set to full.

I have tried restarting the phone.

Any ideas what to do???

Message 1 of 23 (35,897 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung Captivate: Sound not working over loud speaker

MAN I HAD THE SAME PROB AND I BEEN TRYING TO FIX IT FOR THE PAST WEEK I SPENT SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO FIX IT AND I EVEN DELETED SO MENY OF MY THINGS OMG MY KIDS VIDEOS AND PICS BUT IS OK CUZ I DONT NEED TO GET A NEW PHONE THANKS 4 YOUR ADVEICE OMG I'M SO Smiley Very Happy  THANKS.... Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 23 (23,301 Views)
Contributor

So happy I found this thread! I have had a refubished for 6 months now and was "nicely" told I should buy a Go phone there was nothing beyond a reset they could do for me. Thank you for saving me the money they wanted me to spend. Worries me that this is a known problem with a known solution but people are still being told the only way to fix it is to buy a new phone. I'm going to seriously rethink my AT&T service when my contract ends, Verison is sounding better and better.
Message 17 of 23 (23,048 Views)
Contributor

Just want to add one more confirmation both of the problem and the solution!  I lost sound/call alerting and chatted with AT&T tech support who suggested a reset, which I was reluctant to do with them remotely since it sounded like a real hassle.  I found this forum and tried the thumb pressure on the speaker and it worked like a charm!  Sound is back as good as before!

Message 18 of 23 (22,660 Views)

Sure am glad I didn't go for the captivate. I have not one single issue with this infuse whatsoever other then waiting on GB. Other then that, awesome phone. It's taken me from my pc by almost 95%. Nothing I can't do here that the pc can do
Message 19 of 23 (22,637 Views)
Contributor

Yea i too have the same problem but i was just wondering do i actually have to open up the phone and press on the actual speaker in the phone ? Or just the speaker grill on he front of the phone .

Message 20 of 23 (22,574 Views)
Tutor

I am having this same issue.  I am on my 3rd Captivate.  The one I have now is a refurb I got after my last one was stolen.  I have had it for 5 months and this just started happening a couple of days ago.  I'm afraid I will miss my alarm.  I will try pressing on the speakerphone next time it goes out, but I'm thinking I need to take it in and get yet another replacement.  Between the random shut offs and this, this phone is not built properly.

Message 21 of 23 (22,307 Views)
Contributor

I had just finished some dubious activities on my phone when my speaker went out. The leap I made of course was that I had caused the problem. So of course I re-stocked, fixing the speaker, or so I thought.

The problem came back but thanks to you I know where the problem lies and have re "dubious-ed" my phone with all working well.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the solution.

Message 22 of 23 (22,279 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

hii everyone , same problem for my samsung i5800 galaxy 3 any ideas ? 

Message 23 of 23 (18,108 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support