The Samsung Galaxy S24
Duffer10's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, August 1st, 2010 1:54 PM

Samsung Captivate Problems

Trying Captivate after being Iphone user. Have done two factory resets. Besides the GPS not locking, slow to lock, and lossing lock, my biggest complaints are: 1) Slow screen scrolling 2) Yahoo mail app freezes or won't load at all. Yes have tried uninstall and reinstall. I wish email app on bottom bar would let you put in multiple email accounts. I have 2 Bellsouth.net and 1 gmail. 3) When holding phone in 1 hand and turning on or off, I have trouble NOT hitting the volume buttons. 4) When phone is in pocket, and slightest pressure is on any external buttons, the phone won't ring. It's the same as if you pressed button on incomming call to mute ringtone. 5) Sometimes if phone is off and want to turn on, holding power button does nothing. Will repeat several times until it finally turns on. 6) Settings, About Phone, System Tutorial, Begin button went to program once. Now nothing. This is even after factory reset. 7) Touch screen calibration seems to be off. Maybe only a few mm. But that enough to hit wrong icon. or url. There are more, but I will keep post short.

This complaint is petty, but it drives me nuts. Time on Splash screen. 24hr ( Military ) or 12 hr. I have set to 12 hr. Instead of saying 1:37pm, the clock will say 01:37pm. Come on Samsung. Get rid of the zero before the 1. Military would be 13:37.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I purchased the Captivate in July 2010.  It began to have power issues and in June 2011 would not turn on at all.  I took it to a store and they made the phone call to assist me with a replacement by mail.  Fully covered.

Forward 5 months later to November 2011.  The replacement began having power issues.  It kept turning off in sleep mode.  Called the 800 # and got a free replacement battery.  Fully charged it and the phone still didn't work.

Now I'm onto my 3rd Captivate, paying $125 for the replacement's replacement.  Very disappointing that such a nice device can't handle an "average" user.  The original phone lasted 9 months.  The replacement lasted 5 months.  How long will this one last?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Have to captivate glides. Sometimes if phone is off and want to turn on, holding power button does nothing. Will repeat several times until it finally turns on. Has happened 2x's on one phone. Had to take battery out and replace each time to turn on. Returned and the CSR was not surprised at the problem. Easily exchanged.

Guru

• 

725 Messages

12 years ago

@RebelRouser wrote:
Have to captivate glides. Sometimes if phone is off and want to turn on, holding power button does nothing. Will repeat several times until it finally turns on. Has happened 2x's on one phone. Had to take battery out and replace each time to turn on. Returned and the CSR was not surprised at the problem. Easily exchanged.

You should put Glide discussion in a new thread.

Sounds like a Sleep of Death problem of some sort - FYI a long press of the Power button (10-15 seconds) is easier than a battery pull - works on most Samsungs.

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

12 years ago

The issues with this phone sound like the Atrix 2 by Motorola which suffers from the black screen of death, and randomly rebooting among others.   My wife had the captivate and ran into most of these issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have some of hte same issues as you and the others.  Lately I am finding this phone to be quite annoying.  I don't use alot of the smartphone capabilities of this phone but wish the few I use often would work when I want it to 😞

1) Facebook app: takes forever to open

2) Yahoo app: takes forever to open and often force closes

3)  Is there a way to turn off 3g like in the iphone?

4) this device randomly turns itself off, even when there is plenty of battery life. anyone having this issue?

5). sometimes it gets stuck in a loop of turning itself on & off several times..i have to pull the battery out to make it stop

6) often get a message that there is no internet connection, usually it is in the morning when i wake up and switch airplane mode off.  i guess it is taking longer and longer to refind connection to my wireless network. similar instances at my parent's house as well.

Anyone else longing for the old days when cell phones actually worked?? I miss my moto razr!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi Everyone! I think I solved the problem with my Captivate. It was doing all the same things... Just cutting out as soon as I took a picture or googled something. Sometimes if I was using an app (it didn't matter which one), it just shut down although I would have almost a full battery. So I replaced the battery! Guess What? Its working just fine. I've had the battery for 4 days now and have used the phone even more than I normally do just to make sure it is working, and it hasn't quit yet. Yippy! It works just as wonderfully as the day I bought it. BTW It is an after market battery but it works.

Try it. Good Luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.