Samsung Captivate Glide Update PROBLEM!

Samsung Captivate Glide Update PROBLEM!

Hello,

I updated my Captivate Glide to the Androd 4.0 version via the official ATT/Samsung directions found here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00048593&fm_seq=53023

However, after I successfully updated my phone, I have noticed some weird bugs. First off (and the most major one), THE KEYBOARD DOESN'T LIGHT UP... That's a big bummer, does anyone know how to fix it? And also, the phone seems to lag at times when scrolling or just navigating web pages... That's just a minor issue though. But does anyone have a SOLUTION for the backligh on the keyboard not working? ATT/Samsung fix the problem please!!!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 62
Voyager

Re: Samsung Captivate Glide Update PROBLEM!

Does AT&T support monitor these threads?   I don't understand why there isn't a reply on what is being done to fix this, and when.   My wife just got this phone a week before the "upgrade" (ha) and is already ready to toss it.

Message 31 of 62
Teacher

kamarsh wrote:

Does AT&T support monitor these threads?   I don't understand why there isn't a reply on what is being done to fix this, and when.   My wife just got this phone a week before the "upgrade" (ha) and is already ready to toss it.

No, this forum is for customers to help other customers. As far as I know, this isn't meant to be an official support channel.

Message 32 of 62
Scholar

According to my son (a symantec employee and social media tech) any responsible company would be paying attention, especially to a forum which is hosted on their website. I guess we know how ATT views their customers. :-(
Although, I think this is a samsung problem as well...

Message 33 of 62
Tutor

it will prob be fixed soon
Message 34 of 62
Scholar

Ah, the beauty of the oligopoly. AT&T doesn't need to care about its customers! For every annoyed customer who leaves, there's an annoyed Verizon/Sprint/TMobile customer who arrives. That's also why the prices never come down....
Message 35 of 62
Scholar

Interesting to note-
the link to the ICS update now says: "The update for the Samsung Captivate Glide has been put on hold while Samsung works to optimize the update for our users."
So, they're working on it--I hope we'll get relief soon!!! (Have more hope in Samsung than ATT)

Message 36 of 62
Tutor

also incomming texts dont scroll across the top anymore when in your lock screen
Message 37 of 62
Contributor

This is an official fix from XDA. It worked flawlessly on my Captivate Glide ICS 4.0.4
-Keyboard illuminates
-eliminated error messages also
I rooted my phone with SU 3.2 RC3 first, then applied the fix.
Message 38 of 62
Tutor

itsnt it sad that our phones can barely make or recieve calls anymore?
Message 39 of 62
Scholar

I have no problems with calls or texting, or really anything vital. I occasionally get multiple texts, and the keyboard doesn't light up.

If you are having phone problems, you NEED to do a factory reset. Back up everything then do it!!! All other problems disappeared when I did this (yes-it was a pain in the butt, but solved soooooo many initial problems.)

Message 40 of 62
Tutor

How do i back up everything? Then the factory reset is done how?
Message 41 of 62

This is the chat info I got with a Samsung tech support operator about getting Gingerbread back on my phone... Just FYI

Suzanne: I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will be happy to help.

Suzanne: As most of the users after updating the device are experiencing multiple issues, in this case please contact any near by AT&T store and get the device re flashed to Android 2.3.

Visitor: So I have to go to AT&T store to fix this? Will they fix it? I don't want them saying "No,. you have to contact samsung"

Suzanne: Yes, they will re flash the device firmware back to Android 2.3.

Message 42 of 62
Scholar

Just received a update on my phone that fixes the keyboard light  Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 62
Scholar

How and from whom???? Did it come to your phone? A link? Expound please!

Message 44 of 62
Highlighted
Scholar

it came to my phone from at&t

Message 45 of 62
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support