Samsung Android Amber Alerts

Scholar

Samsung Android Amber Alerts

My wife received several Amber Alerts on her phone yesterday. From what I've found it is some sort of national alert system.

I haven't been able to find a way to disable the alerts on this phone. Anyone know how to get to the alert settings?

The phone is a Samsung Android.

Message 1 of 3 (1,775 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung Android Amber Alerts

I have also had 6 different Amber alerts on my samsung galaxy phone since yesterday. There was apparently an Amber alert yesterday in our area but it was called off in a couple of hours. So I don't know why I got so many and why I am still getting them today ( I've gotten 4 since midnight). This wouldn't be so bad if each alert didn't also come with a loud blaring siren/ klaxon alert. The one that went off at 2:47AM this morning was particularly disturbing. If this keeps on it will render my phone useless, as I keep turning it off so it won't start blaring at a really inappropriate time.

Message 2 of 3 (1,738 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Samsung Android Amber Alerts

That is what's happening to us. I don't mind the original but the fact they keep coming is getting annoying!
Message 3 of 3 (1,733 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.