SIM card to micro SIM card

Highlighted
Contributor

SIM card to micro SIM card

Hello,

I was not sure where to ask/post but I thought that this might be the right place. 

So i recently ordered a new phone (LG G3) off of Amazon (I also renewed my contract with at&t through them which helped me get a discount on the phone).  After I ordered it, I realized that it takes a micro SIM card and I only have the (older) larger SIM card.  

Will my new phone come with a new micro SIM card or will I have to get ahold of a micro SIM card myself?  If so how would I go about doing so? 

Thank you so much for your time!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: SIM card to micro SIM card

Your phone will come with a new SIM. You will need to activate the SIM once you receive the phone for the phone to function.

If by any chance, it doesn't come with a SIM, you can contact any AT&T corporate store and they will give you one and activate it for you.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Thank you so much Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Teacher

Some stores charge you to get a sim card! 

Att need to straight out a uniform policy to its branches. It is very confuse to us.

yuqilin wrote:

Hello,

I was not sure where to ask/post but I thought that this might be the right place. 

So i recently ordered a new phone (LG G3) off of Amazon (I also renewed my contract with at&t through them which helped me get a discount on the phone).  After I ordered it, I realized that it takes a micro SIM card and I only have the (older) larger SIM card.  

Will my new phone come with a new micro SIM card or will I have to get ahold of a micro SIM card myself?  If so how would I go about doing so? 

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

johnscreek wrote:

Some stores charge you to get a sim card! 

Att need to straight out a uniform policy to its branches. It is very confuse to us.

yuqilin wrote:

Hello,

ATT company stores do not charge for sim cards.  3rd party retailers do charge.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

I think you mean you now have a micro size and the new phone is a nano size? Micro is the actually the larger sim size. May be both old and new are micro size?

yuqilin wrote:

Hello,

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support