The Samsung Galaxy S24
atlphenom's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 7th, 2015 7:59 PM

SGH-I537 (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active) Update to Lollipop?

I saw that the AT&T version of the Galaxy S4 received an update recently to Android 5.0, Lollipop.  I had read previously that a similar schedule would be followed by the S4 Active, but have since heard no news.  Is the S4 Active on the list to receive the Lollipop update as well? Or will my phone not be getting any updates.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there everyone! As of April the 21st the Lollipop 5.0 update is available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.

To get the update please follow these steps:

1. Drag down the notification bar, and tap the Settings icon.
  2. Scroll to the System category, and tap About device.
  3. Tap Software update.
  4. Tap Check for updates.

The phone displays: Software update process will not delete any personal data on your   phone. Check the AT&T server for new software update?

1. Tap OK.

The following status messages display: 

Checking for update; Processing…The download for the software update will begin in a    moment. The software download may take several minutes.

Downloading…

1. Select Continue or remind me later.

The phone displays: A new software update from AT&T is available for our device. This   download will occur over Wi-Fi. Please make sure that you stay within the Wi-Fi    coverage area   while the download takes place. This could take several minutes.

1. Tap Continue.

The following status messages display:

Downloading software update, Please do not leave Wi-Fi coverage area.

A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All  service (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install.

The device will automatically restart once the new software has successfully installed.

You will then see Update Complete. The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now  ready to use.

1. Tap Done.

You can also get more information for this update at

http://www.att.com/devicehowto/index.jsp?id=stepbystep_KB420364

Thanks!

Charise

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @atlphenom

I’d be happy to help! At this time, we do not have information regarding a release data for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Should a new update be released for this device, you will be notified by means of an on-screen message, allowing you to begin downloading.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare wrote:

Hi there @atlphenom

I’d be happy to help! At this time, we do not have information regarding a release data for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Should a new update be released for this device, you will be notified by means of an on-screen message, allowing you to begin downloading.

I hope this helps!

Charise

That really didn't help!  Why wouldn't the S4 Active receive an upgrade, if the plain (and less expensive ) S4 does?!?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was thinking the same thing! Shame that At&t hasn't Done anything for Us s4 Acvtive Users yet.. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I downloaded the update 2 times in the last 48 hours. Both the times, it gets downloaded and after reaching 100% installation it crashes. I cannot download the update before 24 hours have passed after the previous download. Is there a solution to the problem of crashing?

My phone is completely charged and in the full WiFi area.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've tried to do this many times, but when the system check for new updates the response is "Current software is up to date". I'm still with the Android version 4.3 (factory version) because I never had success on upgrades.

Please help me, I really want to use the new Android versions.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I too am in the same position.  My S4 Active i537 just updated to 4.4.2. I read that the 5.01 version of Android shipped on August 11, 2015, yet my phone cannot detect an available update on FOTA.

Could someone at ATT clarify what the availability conditions are?  I live in Northern Virginia.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

So, i currently have this phone - and do not seem to have acess to the update to 5.01.  Could you clarify when it will be made available?

Thanks

David

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Take your phone to a Samsung experience center inside best buy or call 611 for tech support and have them put in a ticket to have your phone updated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. Would they be able to do that as a walk in, or would I have to leave it there?

David

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.