For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tazz121's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 2:41 AM

SG3 android update to 4.4

I seem to be reading conflicting reports about the Kit Kat 4.4 update. I know that the international version of the phone, theGT- I9300 is not going to be supported. A lack of ram is the reason, so they tell us.

The AT&T version, the SGH-1747 has two gigs of ram, which is more than enough to run kit Kat. Sprint useres have already started to see the update being rolled out.

Is there an actual plan for us, the AT&T useres to get the update to Kit Kat, or has it been scrapped, even though Sprint useres are getting theirs?

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi tazz121, 

There hasn't been an offical announcement from Samsung surrouding the AT&T edition of the S3 as of yet. There is a lot of carrier testing that goes on before an update is fully rolled out to a device. The Sprint edition of the S3 has a different celluar radio in it than the AT&T edition and is why the updates are not rolled out at the same time. 

I would keep checking back to the forums here to see when there is an offical annoucement about it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

samsung has state they will not update the s3 on any carrier.  its out of the 18 month update window for them

Adventurer

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

samsung has state they will not update the s3 on any carrier.  its out of the 18 month update window for them

http://originus.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059206/82024/SCH-A530ZSVXAR

Sprint, Boost and Virgin Mobile already have 4.4

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Noticed that this morning on DL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.