The Samsung Galaxy S24
videoman491's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 2:46 PM

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III Driver Download Issues?

Good Morning:

Downloaded the Windows drivers for the SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III via Windows update.  Actually, it was two files downloaded.  All OK, or so I thought.

However when attaching the phone via supplied USB cable, the following messsage appears on the computer monitor's lower right side:

" HARDWARE I.D. MISSING.  WINDOWS CANNOT IDENTIFY DEVICE PLUGGED

INTO SAMSUNG MOBILE USB COMPOSITE DEVICE"

Computer is running WIN HOME PREMIUM VISTA,  service pack 2 and 64 bit system.  Never had this message prior to downlaoding the two previously mentioned files.

Any suggestion?  Thanks in advance.

- - Greg

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Clarify for us whether you are referring to the Galaxy Note II or the Galaxy S III.  If you really meant the Galaxy Note III, that could be the problem as that device hasn't been released yet. Smiley Wink

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I have that problem to most of time. I just unplug usb and plug back in. Then always works. Once in a while i have to change usb ports. Then takes a bit to load phone stats in. But i always can get it to work. Kies has always been stubborn.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.