SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III Driver Download Issues?

Contributor

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III Driver Download Issues?

Good Morning:

Downloaded the Windows drivers for the SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III via Windows update.  Actually, it was two files downloaded.  All OK, or so I thought.

However when attaching the phone via supplied USB cable, the following messsage appears on the computer monitor's lower right side:

" HARDWARE I.D. MISSING.  WINDOWS CANNOT IDENTIFY DEVICE PLUGGED

INTO SAMSUNG MOBILE USB COMPOSITE DEVICE"

Computer is running WIN HOME PREMIUM VISTA,  service pack 2 and 64 bit system.  Never had this message prior to downlaoding the two previously mentioned files.

Any suggestion?  Thanks in advance.

- - Greg

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III Driver Download Issues?

Clarify for us whether you are referring to the Galaxy Note II or the Galaxy S III.  If you really meant the Galaxy Note III, that could be the problem as that device hasn't been released yet. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III Driver Download Issues?

I have that problem to most of time. I just unplug usb and plug back in. Then always works. Once in a while i have to change usb ports. Then takes a bit to load phone stats in. But i always can get it to work. Kies has always been stubborn.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support