Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 23, 2013
12:26:15 PM
View profile
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 swipe screens

I read I can have 7 home screens but is there a limit as to how many app screens you can have? As I download apps they keep filling up a page and then start new one's. I swipe across 6 apps pages now. Perhaps I am making a mistake by making folders  on the home screen and filling them with apps? Maybe instead I need to make folders on the apps pages screens and delete the copies from the home screen?

I read I can have 7 home screens but is there a limit as to how many app screens you can have? As I download apps they keep filling up a page and then start new one's. I swipe across 6 apps pages now. Perhaps I am making a mistake by making folders  on the home screen and filling them with apps? Maybe instead I need to make folders on the apps pages screens and delete the copies from the home screen?

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 swipe screens

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2013 5:24:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I've never heard of a limit on the number of pages in the App Drawer that you can have, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a limit.  I only have four pages of apps on my Galaxy Note II, but I have seven pages on another Android device (HTC One X). 

I think that as long as you're under 200 apps, you'll be fine.  I haven't heard of anyone personally that has more than 200 so that I would know what would happen in that case.

I've never heard of a limit on the number of pages in the App Drawer that you can have, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a limit.  I only have four pages of apps on my Galaxy Note II, but I have seven pages on another Android device (HTC One X). 

I think that as long as you're under 200 apps, you'll be fine.  I haven't heard of anyone personally that has more than 200 so that I would know what would happen in that case.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 swipe screens

2 of 7 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2013 5:56:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

I though it kind of odd that when you download an app you get one icon for the app on the app page and a copy of it on the home page. Do you make folders for your apps on the app page and delete the copy from the home page?

I though it kind of odd that when you download an app you get one icon for the app on the app page and a copy of it on the home page. Do you make folders for your apps on the app page and delete the copy from the home page?

3 of 7 (1,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2013 8:05:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ssinfla wrote:

I actually have my settings set to not put the shortcut on my home screen.  I don't make folders for apps in the App Drawer (I didn't know that you could until I read your post).  I used to make them on my home screen, but stopped because I really didn't need it. 

I don't like to have a bunch of apps on my home screens; I put widgets on the home screens and go to the App Drawer for the apps.

ssinfla wrote:

I actually have my settings set to not put the shortcut on my home screen.  I don't make folders for apps in the App Drawer (I didn't know that you could until I read your post).  I used to make them on my home screen, but stopped because I really didn't need it. 

I don't like to have a bunch of apps on my home screens; I put widgets on the home screens and go to the App Drawer for the apps.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 7:16:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

Where are these settings at for that?

5 of 7 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 7:39:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jparis57 wrote:

If you go into the Play Store>Settings, there should be an option that says "Auto-add widgets".  Uncheck the box next to this and the shortcuts should no longer appear on your homescreen when you download new apps.

jparis57 wrote:

If you go into the Play Store>Settings, there should be an option that says "Auto-add widgets".  Uncheck the box next to this and the shortcuts should no longer appear on your homescreen when you download new apps.

6 of 7 (964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 1:16:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
You can delete the app "icons" that were automatically added on ur homescreen. You would still have the app on ur phone in the app drawer. Think of the icons on ur homescreen like "shortcuts" on a desktop.
You can delete the app "icons" that were automatically added on ur homescreen. You would still have the app on ur phone in the app drawer. Think of the icons on ur homescreen like "shortcuts" on a desktop.

7 of 7 (924 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments