Explore & discover

Helpful Links

S8+ still not updating to Pie? New/active sim card

Tutor

S8+ still not updating to Pie? New/active sim card

My s8+ still hasn't updated to 9.0 pie and is still running 8.0.  I contacted att and they sent me a new sim card saying this would fix the issue. They also tried to push the update through manually 3 different times.  I realize they send them in batches but it's been a month already.  What gives att?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Sage

Re: S8+ still not updating to Pie? New/active sim card

Which baseband are you on?

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1203359?make=Samsung&mode...

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

G955USQS5CRF5. What's significance of that ?

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Does that mean that they're not going to update my baseband? Or just haven't gotten to it yet? 

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎04-28-2019 3:11 PM

It means you haven’t had an update since July and are several updates behind.  

Have you been using At&t all this time?

If using At&t, call and speak with tech support. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 8
Tutor

Yes, I've been with att the entire time. Wow that's very strange.  I've talked to att tech support several times and they've never asked me this. Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

Spoke with att and they're sending me a new phone free of charge. Apparently they have done all they can do and can't find any other resolution.  Thank you for the insight @lizdance40 

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Sage

Cool.  Glad they’re making it right. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support