The Samsung Galaxy S24
Pennope21's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 2:54 AM

S8 new update

I have an s8 with att. I just did the new update. I was able to set individual contacts their own notification tone for text messages. After the update the message tone option is gone under the contact. Is there anything i can do to have different notification tones for different contacts?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Pennope21 wrote:

I have an s8 with att. I just did the new update. I was able to set individual contacts their own notification tone for text messages. After the update the message tone option is gone under the contact. Is there anything i can do to have different notification tones for different contacts?

no Samsung seems to have removed that feature for some stupid reason.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I HATE that they took that off.  Ridiculous.  That was one of the best settings.  Terrible decision, Samsung!  ARGH

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Complain to Samsung - www.samsung.com/us/support/

Ugh terrible decision!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Here is what I sent to Samsung... NOT HAPPY

Last Friday, 3/23/18, my S8 installed an update and I lost the ability to have personalized tone notifications for texts from specific contacts.

My questions are why?

When will it return?

Also battery life has been severely diminished...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Weedermier wrote:

Here is what I sent to Samsung... NOT HAPPY

Last Friday, 3/23/18, my S8 installed an update and I lost the ability to have personalized tone notifications for texts from specific contacts.

My questions are why?

When will it return?

Also battery life has been severely diminished...

Did you clear your system cache after update?  I have a s8+ and battery life is better after the update to Oreo.  As for the text tones..  Use another messaging app like android messages or textra.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.