The Samsung Galaxy S24
Anayp342's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 7th, 2019 1:51 AM

S8 Plus phone is not updating

My phone is not currently activated to At&t. It doesn't let me download the Android Pie update. My phone is currently running Android 7.0 and doesn't update. Whenever I click check for updates, it shows that the current software is up to date. Is there anyway to update my phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@joeldf wrote:

You say it's not activated on AT&T.  Is it an AT&T branded phone?  If so, it has to have an active AT&T SIM with service to get the updates from AT&T.

Otherwise, you'll have to find alternative methods that aren't allowed to be described here on this forum.

@GLIMMERMAN76  might share a few search hints, though 😉

If you google the updates you will find them... BUT remember to backup your phone as it will WIPE it clean.  ATT officially only updates phones for customers.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

Moving to wireless.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

You say it's not activated on AT&T.  Is it an AT&T branded phone?  If so, it has to have an active AT&T SIM with service to get the updates from AT&T.

Otherwise, you'll have to find alternative methods that aren't allowed to be described here on this forum.

@GLIMMERMAN76  might share a few search hints, though 😉

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I did it a different way. I got an Att sim card that was activated and put into the phone. It did the trick.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.