Explore & discover

Helpful Links

S8 Plus phone is not updating

Highlighted
Contributor

S8 Plus phone is not updating

My phone is not currently activated to At&t. It doesn't let me download the Android Pie update. My phone is currently running Android 7.0 and doesn't update. Whenever I click check for updates, it shows that the current software is up to date. Is there anyway to update my phone?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: S8 Plus phone is not updating

Moving to wireless.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Guru

You say it's not activated on AT&T.  Is it an AT&T branded phone?  If so, it has to have an active AT&T SIM with service to get the updates from AT&T.

Otherwise, you'll have to find alternative methods that aren't allowed to be described here on this forum.

@GLIMMERMAN76  might share a few search hints, though Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Anayp342
‎06-14-2019 3:20 PM

@joeldf wrote:

You say it's not activated on AT&T.  Is it an AT&T branded phone?  If so, it has to have an active AT&T SIM with service to get the updates from AT&T.

Otherwise, you'll have to find alternative methods that aren't allowed to be described here on this forum.

@GLIMMERMAN76  might share a few search hints, though Smiley Wink

If you google the updates you will find them... BUT remember to backup your phone as it will WIPE it clean.  ATT officially only updates phones for customers.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I did it a different way. I got an Att sim card that was activated and put into the phone. It did the trick.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support