For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
vhfan52's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 21st, 2019 3:39 AM

Closed

S8 Active Android 9/Pie update

Will the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active be upgraded to Android 9.0? I dont mind waiting for the update. I just want to know yes or no.

Thanks 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

Please visit official Samsung support website 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

For store near you for updates. If your device is under 1 year warranty after purchase, you should get free update if available from Samsung. 

Also check website 

https://theleaker.com/samsung-galaxy-android-p-9-0-update/

To see if your device on the list for Android 9.0 PieScreenshot_20190421-102656_Chrome.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

The S8 active is suppose to get pie update.  It has not yet been released.  At&t phones are only updated if connected to At&t for service. 

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1223303/Samsung/SamsungG892A/

If you have a local Best Buy with a Samsung desk still, they may have the At&t software only AFTER At&t has released it.  

(edited)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I will sit back and wait.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Update

During a chat session with Samsung I learned there will be no Android 9 update for the s8 active. Very disappointed. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

What!? No update for S8 Active? Outrageous! Can someone from AT&T please confirm or refute this? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@vhfan52 wrote:

Update

During a chat session with Samsung I learned there will be no Android 9 update for the s8 active. Very disappointed. 

@vhfan52 

Yeah Samsungs chat reps are about as bright as ATT's chat reps.  Do Not believe what your told...   Whats funny is the Tmobile version already got it https://www.tmonews.com/2019/03/t-mobile-galaxy-s8-s8-plus-android-pie-update-galaxy-s8-active-updated/

Guru

• 

321 Messages

5 years ago

T-Mobile Samsung S8 active hasn't received the Pie update. According to the article it received the March security update :"Also getting an update today is the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. Unfortunately, the update isn’t Android Pie, but it does include the March 1, 2019 Android security patches."

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@luisdavidjc1 wrote:

I swear I cannot wait any longer for this update to come out, I'm very deseperate. I check the update option daily on my Galaxy! I'll have to go to Galaxy S9 since Samsung has not been willing to launch this update in the S8 Active (It would look great since it is the best smartphone created to date).

Do any of you have any idea when this update will actually be deployed? This is leaving me with a bad taste! AT&T WE NEED AN ANSWER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

@luisdavidjc1 

Rumors say they are done with updating it.  Others say its coming.  No one knows and you will not find that out from anyone at CS or here.  ATT does not release update schedules and have always been late with the active series.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@billsite34 wrote:

T-Mobile Samsung S8 active hasn't received the Pie update. According to the article it received the March security update :"Also getting an update today is the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. Unfortunately, the update isn’t Android Pie, but it does include the March 1, 2019 Android security patches."

@billsite34 Is it on the TMo network, or AT&T now?
Most carriers (I'm pretty sure TMobile is in this category, along with ATT and all the majors in the US) require you to be on their (cell) network, in order to do an OTA update.

Guru

• 

321 Messages

5 years ago

pgrey, That was just a quote from the article that GLIMMERMAN76 had linked in his post on May 10.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.