The Samsung Galaxy S24
WesMO85's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 10th, 2017 10:02 AM

S7 active cracking issue

I'm upset that i paid for a phone that Is supposed to be indestructible, and it cracked with no abuse, with a case and screen protector on. There are many others claiming the same, and in the same location of the crack. Is there going to be a recall or fix for this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

ATT won't be able to help you, especially is your warranty is up.  Samsung is your only option, and they will probably need to be forced.  

As far as indestructible, it's a false expectation.  Everything has a breaking point and the glass is still glass and still breakable.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

@WesMO85  Which case were you using?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have a Poetic Affinity on the back and sides and a Skinomi TechSkin Protector on the screen.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I was just asking if anybody at at&t would know about this issue. I know it isn't truly indestructible, but is widely advertised as a tough durable phone, and it didn't survive even 3-4 months of everyday use, and cracked in my pocket with no impact. Others are having the same exact issue with the same phone,  as well as the camera glass breaking. It's just sad I'm having this issue, after having the s6 active for 2 years. The only thing that went wrong with that was a sync issue. And I am not going to pay out a $200+ insurance deductible, when it's a quality error,  not an accident.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The S7 Active is total garbage with false advertising from Samsung claiming it's "tougher" than other phones.  I had two screens crack on mine and got nowhere with Samsung in terms of standing behind their bogus products. Good riddance because I switched to Apple!   [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.