The Samsung Galaxy S24
CommunityID1's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, May 9th, 2016 11:33 PM

S6 Active Marshmallow (6.0.1) Android Update

AT&T finally realeased the Marshmallow update for the regular S6, when is it coming to the S6 Active model?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry, but still no Marshmallow update for the regular S6.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@CommunityID1 wrote:

Are you sure about that?  Samsung said it is released" http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038783/997495268/?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

yes he is sure.  samsung posted those for the a920 and a928 but there have been NO OTA updates.  ATT has yet to flip the OTA download switch.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why hasn't AT&T upgraded S6 Galaxy Edge Plus to Android 6 Marshmallow, as of May 11th 2016? All other carriers updated long ago. My LG Tablet has upgraded.

I am very seriously considering changing to another carrier due to such poor delayed customer service.

Tim

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

the real issue here is not whether the s6 or s6 edge has the update its the fact that we are 8 months after the launch of marshmallow and we still don't have the update from att.. 8 MONTHS. Do they realize how long that is in the technology world? They are almost 2 full versions behind android and continually introducing old tech. My s6 active will be the last phone I buy from att because of their in ability to keep up with changing technology.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Actually you can't go by when google releases code for Android. Most OEMs wait for the bugs to get quashed. 6.0 at release had a bad wake lock bug.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@Philschmitt77

Ditto.  Hello Nexus.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

So call it 7 months @GLIMMERMAN76 if your strategy is to release 1 update after initial launch. Still totally insane.. 7 MONTHS and for what ? Make sure the bloatware no one is asking for works perfect?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Philschmitt77 wrote:
So call it 7 months @GLIMMERMAN76 if your strategy is to release 1 update after initial launch. Still totally insane.. 7 MONTHS and for what ? Make sure the bloatware no one is asking for works perfect?

@Philschmitt77

Google did not release 6.0.1 till december 7th by the way.

think you need to step back and look at samsung time line...  us carriers got the update in april.  Verizon was first to update...  Here is the page from there update site

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

check your details @GLIMMERMAN76 that was last updated not released to carriers. You are missing the point which other users have already started to back up... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.