Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 13, 2012
10:58:50 AM
View profile
S3 MMS come through anonymous/message not found
When someone sends me a picture it comes through as anonymous sender and in the message itself "message not found". This happens whether its from an iphone user or an android user more than 50% of the time. I have already unregistered my old iphone, tried sms apps (they freeze or crash), tried suggestions on the 3 whole google hits I found with the same issue, and compared my settings to my husband's s3 (He rarely has this happen) none have fixed the issue. Any ideas/suggestions before I give up and just reset the phone, start from scratch and pray it works? Thanks!
When someone sends me a picture it comes through as anonymous sender and in the message itself "message not found". This happens whether its from an iphone user or an android user more than 50% of the time. I have already unregistered my old iphone, tried sms apps (they freeze or crash), tried suggestions on the 3 whole google hits I found with the same issue, and compared my settings to my husband's s3 (He rarely has this happen) none have fixed the issue. Any ideas/suggestions before I give up and just reset the phone, start from scratch and pray it works? Thanks!

S3 MMS come through anonymous/message not found

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 10:43:02 AM
(0)
Contributor
the fix for this is to disable the AT&T messenger app. go to settings on your android, manage applications > all > at&T messenger > force stop > disable

Also delete the anonymous message thread
the fix for this is to disable the AT&T messenger app. go to settings on your android, manage applications > all > at&T messenger > force stop > disable

Also delete the anonymous message thread

Re: S3 MMS come through anonymous/message not found

2 of 2 (6,620 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments