S3 Incoming Text Alert - Tone AND Voice?

Contributor

S3 Incoming Text Alert - Tone AND Voice?

When I receive an incoming text message from someone on my contact list my S3 has begun alerting me with both the normal tone AND a voice that says something like, "Incoming message from XXXX XXXX" (it's hard to hear). I do NOT want the voice alert, only the tone. I have been all over the different Settings menus but can't get rid of the voice. Spoke to AT&T support and they had no idea what I was talking about and referred me to Samsung. Before I call Samsung I thought I'd post here. HELP!!

6,133 Views
Message 1 of 6
Professor

Re: S3 Incoming Text Alert - Tone AND Voice?


PRFsfo wrote:

When I receive an incoming text message from someone on my contact list my S3 has begun alerting me with both the normal tone AND a voice that says something like, "Incoming message from XXXX XXXX" (it's hard to hear). I do NOT want the voice alert, only the tone. I have been all over the different Settings menus but can't get rid of the voice. Spoke to AT&T support and they had no idea what I was talking about and referred me to Samsung. Before I call Samsung I thought I'd post here. HELP!!


This sounds like you may have a second app handling your messaging and/or alerts. Have you installed anything that might be causing this?

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Re: S3 Incoming Text Alert - Tone AND Voice?


sitnsidewayz wrote:

This sounds like you may have a second app handling your messaging and/or alerts. Have you installed anything that might be causing this?


Not that I'm aware of. I have very few self-installed apps and none that would affect messaging. I use the same old Messaging app that came with the phone. I set the incoming tone in it. And there's nothing in it that would indicate any voice capability. BTW - this all started happening after the last OS upgrade.

Message 3 of 6
Professor

Re: S3 Incoming Text Alert - Tone AND Voice?

Check two settings.

 

Driving Mode - Dropdown menu Quick Settings

Talkback - Settings > Accessibility > Talkback

 

Also, some 3rd party launchers, like Go Launcher for example, include voice notifications. If you're running a 3rd party launcher, check its Accessibility settings as well (if applicable).

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: S3 Incoming Text Alert - Tone AND Voice?


jii wrote:

Check two settings.

 

Driving Mode - Dropdown menu Quick Settings

Talkback - Settings > Accessibility > Talkback

 

Also, some 3rd party launchers, like Go Launcher for example, include voice notifications. If you're running a 3rd party launcher, check its Accessibility settings as well (if applicable).


"Driving Mode" was indeed turned on, how I don't know. Talkback was off. I turned Driving Mode off and the voice has stopped! Thank you so very much for helping out. Cheers!

Message 5 of 6
Professor

Re: S3 Incoming Text Alert - Tone AND Voice?

Glad it helped.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support