Helpful Links

S3 4.1.2 update interrupted, shows 4.1.1 version up to date ever since

Tutor

S3 4.1.2 update interrupted, shows 4.1.1 version up to date ever since

So I tried to update my at&t s3 to 4.1.2 last week when I realized it was available, everything seemed to go well until it did not stop downloading the update when it reached the total file size, I let it keep going and do its thing and finally it stopped at 367 MB instead of 229 that it showed. Then it froze and showed that the update was interrupted, and ever since, when I tried to update it again, it tells me that my current version is up to date, it's been over a week and nothing has changed. I looked all over online and no one has really had this problem but me. Then I came across this site, it may be wishful thinking, but if anyone has any idea on what I can do to get this update, I'd be forever grateful! P.S. I have done factory reset and still with no luck..
Message 1 of 4
Community Manager

Re: S3 4.1.2 update interrupted, shows 4.1.1 version up to date ever since

Hello, chekyk01!

Are you still having trouble with your software update? If so, please click here to send us a private message with your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. We'll look into this for you, and you can expect a reply within two business days. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Professor

Factory reset will sometimes help an update come through, although I know its inconvenient to have to backup your data (before the reset) and setup the phone again afterwards.  Updating by KIES is another option.

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

I've already done the factory reset as mentioned, with no luck. And kies doesn't offer the 4.1.2 update.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support