Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2013
9:17:47 PM
S3 4.1.2 update interrupted, shows 4.1.1 version up to date ever since
So I tried to update my at&t s3 to 4.1.2 last week when I realized it was available, everything seemed to go well until it did not stop downloading the update when it reached the total file size, I let it keep going and do its thing and finally it stopped at 367 MB instead of 229 that it showed. Then it froze and showed that the update was interrupted, and ever since, when I tried to update it again, it tells me that my current version is up to date, it's been over a week and nothing has changed. I looked all over online and no one has really had this problem but me. Then I came across this site, it may be wishful thinking, but if anyone has any idea on what I can do to get this update, I'd be forever grateful! P.S. I have done factory reset and still with no luck..
So I tried to update my at&t s3 to 4.1.2 last week when I realized it was available, everything seemed to go well until it did not stop downloading the update when it reached the total file size, I let it keep going and do its thing and finally it stopped at 367 MB instead of 229 that it showed. Then it froze and showed that the update was interrupted, and ever since, when I tried to update it again, it tells me that my current version is up to date, it's been over a week and nothing has changed. I looked all over online and no one has really had this problem but me. Then I came across this site, it may be wishful thinking, but if anyone has any idea on what I can do to get this update, I'd be forever grateful! P.S. I have done factory reset and still with no luck..

S3 4.1.2 update interrupted, shows 4.1.1 version up to date ever since

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 2:06:29 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, chekyk01!

Are you still having trouble with your software update? If so, please click here to send us a private message with your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. We'll look into this for you, and you can expect a reply within two business days. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, chekyk01!

Are you still having trouble with your software update? If so, please click here to send us a private message with your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. We'll look into this for you, and you can expect a reply within two business days. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: S3 4.1.2 update interrupted, shows 4.1.1 version up to date ever since

2 of 4 (5,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 8:08:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Factory reset will sometimes help an update come through, although I know its inconvenient to have to backup your data (before the reset) and setup the phone again afterwards.  Updating by KIES is another option.

Factory reset will sometimes help an update come through, although I know its inconvenient to have to backup your data (before the reset) and setup the phone again afterwards.  Updating by KIES is another option.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (5,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 8:32:11 PM
(0)
Tutor
I've already done the factory reset as mentioned, with no luck. And kies doesn't offer the 4.1.2 update.
I've already done the factory reset as mentioned, with no luck. And kies doesn't offer the 4.1.2 update.

4 of 4 (5,312 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments