For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CAMouse62's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 6:45 PM

Closed

S Voice (now Voice talk) and non-Wi-Fi connection

S Voice/Voice Talk has worked flawlessly for nearly 2 years. Recently if stopped working unless my Galaxy Note has a Wi-Fi connection. ATT and Samsung have no answers since it is an application. Nuance (makers of Dragon Mobile Assistant) purchased the developer that made S Voice and does not support S Voice. Dragon Mobile does not work the same way and will not read new incoming text messages. I have, also, verified that S Voice/Voice Talk no longer works on a Motorola Attrix HD without being connected via Wi-Fi. This has now made my devices no longer compliant with State Hands Free laws. Nuance's application drains a fully charged batter in less than 6 hours because it is a constant connection to the 4G/LTE network, which makes it a data hog that uses up all the data limits. That means 3 phones will use over 6GB of data in under 8 hours. Is there anyway to correct the S Voice app to work correctly or is there another application that works *exactly like* it available?

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Well, AT&T seems to have fixed the problem. I have been running the S5 APK for the past few days and it works tolerably (hate the colors, won't switch to landscape orientation when I turn the phone), but I just removed updates via Application Manager (which now says I am running 11.2.2.0), and it works just fine over 4G and wifi.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Attention everyone,

Good News!.

This morning I was pushed an update by Samsung (Samsung apps service) and my Note 3 was required to download an Android OS component called:

SPDClient SEAndroid (847KB). The App icon is the green Android character.

Upon installation, my S-Voice began working on 4G instantly. 

On the description of the App data use (the one you have to accept before installing) it describes a lot of network communication with apps and now apps transact data with it.

It appears that this Android module is the key enabler between apps and network...

And thus, since this module was never updated before... it pretty much means someone on the network (AT&T or Google) modified the protocol for exchanging data to the point that S-Voice could not locate the network any longer on 4G.

Anyhow... it is now fixed.

Yay!!! 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I would say samsung realized they forgot to update something when they pushed 4.4 to the note 3.  Glad its working for you all now!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.