The Samsung Galaxy S24
CAMouse62's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 6:45 PM

Closed

S Voice (now Voice talk) and non-Wi-Fi connection

S Voice/Voice Talk has worked flawlessly for nearly 2 years. Recently if stopped working unless my Galaxy Note has a Wi-Fi connection. ATT and Samsung have no answers since it is an application. Nuance (makers of Dragon Mobile Assistant) purchased the developer that made S Voice and does not support S Voice. Dragon Mobile does not work the same way and will not read new incoming text messages. I have, also, verified that S Voice/Voice Talk no longer works on a Motorola Attrix HD without being connected via Wi-Fi. This has now made my devices no longer compliant with State Hands Free laws. Nuance's application drains a fully charged batter in less than 6 hours because it is a constant connection to the 4G/LTE network, which makes it a data hog that uses up all the data limits. That means 3 phones will use over 6GB of data in under 8 hours. Is there anyway to correct the S Voice app to work correctly or is there another application that works *exactly like* it available?

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, aec007. Unfortunately, the APK did not work for me, even when properly installed. Ugly colors, worked perfect on Wifi, "cannot find a network connection" on 4G. I'm using S for Switch Voice right now as a workaround. It automatically opens Google Now every time S-Voice is invoked.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

S Voice was returning "I cannot find a network connection" on my wife's Samsung Galaxy S3. I fixed the issue by going to "Language and Input" in settings, "Text to Speech Options". When I clicked on "Listen to an example",  the app gave an option to download a "High Quality" speech sample.  When I selected to do so, "Samsung Apps" downloaded an update, then the "High Quality" speech synthesis.  After both downloads,  S Voice began to work properly again.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Well, I just got off the phone with AT&T. They are telling people this is a "known issue" and that Samsung is working on it. No SLA, no workaround. Then they gave me Samsung's phone number (which is 888 987 4357). Typical.

"Thanks for being the BEST PART of AT&T" said the CSR. Yes, because everything about AT&T besides its customers, actually SUCKS.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunatelly I've already have the high quality speech already loaded.... so it does not do any good.... oh well.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

I have already called Samsung, they stated they hadn't heard about this issues and it sounds like ATT is to blame.

ATT is still trying to get me to do basic trouble shooting which goes no where. Also using google now doesnt work for those of us with the gear 1 or 2. I would change my set up to the android wear if they had speakers in them.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

yeah I thought the samething with android wear.  But I like it without a speaker I dont need to take a phone call on my wrist.  I am really interested to see how samsung goes with its gear line going forward.  

The moto 360 and LG G watch/R  look to be interesting devices.  I have a g watch waiting on my moto 360 from google I/O

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I feel this has to do with an update because my Note 3 & my Gear worked fine til recently. I purchased both the day Note 3 was released at AT&T. Never had 1 issue! This could not have happened all of a sudden. I have tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked for me. Has anyone tried to Reset their phones?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I just fixed my problem!! I researched other forums and found this solution:

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I Google searched s voice 11.4.02 which took me to an aptoid store. I clicked on install. Then it made me check the 'allow unknown source' tab in settings. It then downloaded the aptoid store, then downloaded the update to s voice. Then I used it but it didn't work. So I connected to wifi then used a command then it worked. So I disconnected wifi and used again. Works great! I've used navigate, call, new task and open app commands. For my Gear I paired the device. Didn't work. Went to settings clicked the new options. Didn't work. Thought what the heck. Connected to wifi made a call using s voice. It worked. Disconnected wifi. I've been using it over an hour with no problems. Will use all day and report back this evening. I also uninstalled the aptoid app as it is a store and kept wanting to update my apps. I also verified the Vlingo app source and updates. My device recognized it immediately for those who are suspicious 😉
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.