The Samsung Galaxy S24
JohNerf's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 12:21 AM

Root (What I would Lose?)

(JUST to be clear, I have not AT ALL, rooted my phone; it is still as I had it when I got it, any updates are straight from its default updating options, Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow)

I contacted both AT&T ProTech Support and Samsung support about root and what I would lose IF my phone was rooted

The plan my family is on is the unlimited talk text data plan, with insurance and tech support, and I understand from samsung they said I have a 1 year warranty that covers only accidental damages for whatever part I would need replaced

would the insurance/tech support be a good enough replacement for the 1 year warranty samsung offers, as in the insurance would cover/repair any accidental damage on the phone (cracked screen, bad battery, etc...)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@JohNerf wrote:

I understand lizdance40, but my last part of my original question still stands; will the insurance/tech support I have be a good enough replacement for samsung's default 1 year support?

If you have insurance, and mess up the phone, I suppose you can toss it and make a claim, pay the deductible and they send you a refurb.  As opposed to now having a working, brand new phone....I wouldn't do it, but it's your dime.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

The answer you gave me is probably as good as its going to get

to be honest, if (and this is a giantically BIG IF) I decide to root my phone, ill be doing extensive researching to make sure I don't brick it; or ill just get another unlocked phone and just root that one

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Best Buy has Moto pure and Nexus phones for half what the S7 cost and are very root capable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.