Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 6, 2013
10:24:36 AM
View profile
Restore FM radio on HTC One X+

ATT:

Please restore the FM Radio capability that is organic to the HTC One X+.  Why?

1, Not all local stations are available on streaming media.

2, Emergency broadcasts are still done over FM (whereas cell towers may or not survive extreme local weather patterns)

3, many gyms use small FM broadcasts for their TVs, so it's useful when working out.

Even though you could possibly lose a little revenue from having people access local stations through broadband, there is no revenue loss for the other two reasons.

ATT:

1, Not all local stations are available on streaming media.

2, Emergency broadcasts are still done over FM (whereas cell towers may or not survive extreme local weather patterns)

3, many gyms use small FM broadcasts for their TVs, so it's useful when working out.

Even though you could possibly lose a little revenue from having people access local stations through broadband, there is no revenue loss for the other two reasons.

Restore FM radio on HTC One X+

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 7:29:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, elnonio!

Thanks for posting. We always appreciate helpful feedback from our customers! I'll make sure to forward your comments to the appropriate channel. If you have anything you'd like to add, please feel free to message me.

Thanks again!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, elnonio!

Thanks for posting. We always appreciate helpful feedback from our customers! I'll make sure to forward your comments to the appropriate channel. If you have anything you'd like to add, please feel free to message me.

Thanks again!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Restore FM radio on HTC One X+

2 of 3 (5,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 8:04:30 AM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by SES21 on Dec 12, 2013 at 8:05:14 AM

elnonio wrote:

ATT:

<snip>

It's actually still there but just not included in Apps. Try Settings-Personalize-Widgets-Search for "'radio." I got FM Radio as a choice but, I did it so long ago, I can't recall if I had to do anything else first for it to show up there. Once you find the widget, you can add it to a home screen. YMMV, HTH

elnonio wrote:

ATT:

<snip>

It's actually still there but just not included in Apps. Try Settings-Personalize-Widgets-Search for "'radio." I got FM Radio as a choice but, I did it so long ago, I can't recall if I had to do anything else first for it to show up there. Once you find the widget, you can add it to a home screen. YMMV, HTH

Re: Restore FM radio on HTC One X+

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (5,297 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments