The Samsung Galaxy S24
hertzsae's profile

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 7:38 PM

Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S2 i777 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today. From my understanding AT&T is the only reason that I can't install it.

They call it death by a thousand paper cuts. This isn't the reason, but it's added to a list of many that I'll be shopping for new carriers when my contract is up if you don't start changing you policies.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Oh come on whats the point of nfc on my note2 if I cant use it......Please enable it now.....

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I want Google Wallet on the Galaxy S III like everyone else.  However, NFC has more uses than just Google Wallet.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

+1 for me.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  First of all, this is anticompetative.  The consumer should have a choice.  Secondly, I probably wouldn't mind as much if AT&T's version (ISIS) was available.  AT&T! AT the very least, allow Google Wallet for now until ISIS is available.

Coach

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The NFC chip can do more than just Google Wallet. But this isn't a discussion about "AT&T please let me do stuff with my NFC chip", its a discussion about one of the reasons I bought the phone being blocked by AT&T because they allegedly have their own project in the works.  And keep postponing it.  I don't think the carrier should be able to block what apps I install on my phone - it's my phone.  Maybe when their app finally comes out, **** will carry it out on a big golden buffet platter for all of us Wallet-wanters to feast on and apologize we got angry about it, or maybe it'll be a terrible random-crashing app that leaks my credit card info to Anonymous so they can post it online somewhere.  Either way, I should be able to choose which one I use.  AT&T: You're not my mom, you can't tell me what to do.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

I agree that it's anti-competitive. Feels like it's illegal. What department of the government would collect such a complaint? The FTC?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I too would like to be able to use Google Wallet on my HTC One X+

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Google wallet is exactly what I was looking for. It is an Android app for an Android device. My Galaxy SIII has the appropriate hardware. Why can't I load it and use it? ATT, please change your policies regarding application censorship. If your loyal customers (in my case, a customer of more than 20 years with residential phone, mobile, uverse, and internet) want to load a competing app onto their phone, let them! If your app (ISIS) is better, we will switch to it. If it is not better, it is doomed to failure anyway.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I too will be looking for a new service provider. I have been with AT&T for many years and to have them tell me what apps I can and can not use on MY device is unacceptable.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Get a nexus and stop complaining

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

It dose not matter what atnt comes up with I DONT CATER TO PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE OR HARD WARE thats why I dont have an iphone or apple anything for that matter. So just do yourselves a favor atnt let us use google wallet!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.