Request for Google Wallet

Scholar

Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S2 i777 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today. From my understanding AT&T is the only reason that I can't install it.

They call it death by a thousand paper cuts. This isn't the reason, but it's added to a list of many that I'll be shopping for new carriers when my contract is up if you don't start changing you policies.

Message 1 of 56 (20,025 Views)
Teacher

Re: Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S3 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today.

Message 31 of 56 (9,186 Views)

Oh come on whats the point of nfc on my note2 if I cant use it......Please enable it now.....
Message 32 of 56 (9,052 Views)
Professor

I want Google Wallet on the Galaxy S III like everyone else.  However, NFC has more uses than just Google Wallet.

Message 33 of 56 (9,037 Views)
Teacher

+1 for me.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  First of all, this is anticompetative.  The consumer should have a choice.  Secondly, I probably wouldn't mind as much if AT&T's version (ISIS) was available.  AT&T! AT the very least, allow Google Wallet for now until ISIS is available.

Message 34 of 56 (8,848 Views)
Coach

[ Edited ]

The NFC chip can do more than just Google Wallet. But this isn't a discussion about "AT&T please let me do stuff with my NFC chip", its a discussion about one of the reasons I bought the phone being blocked by AT&T because they allegedly have their own project in the works.  And keep postponing it.  I don't think the carrier should be able to block what apps I install on my phone - it's my phone.  Maybe when their app finally comes out, **** will carry it out on a big golden buffet platter for all of us Wallet-wanters to feast on and apologize we got angry about it, or maybe it'll be a terrible random-crashing app that leaks my credit card info to Anonymous so they can post it online somewhere.  Either way, I should be able to choose which one I use.  AT&T: You're not my mom, you can't tell me what to do.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 35 of 56 (8,815 Views)
Mentor

I agree that it's anti-competitive. Feels like it's illegal. What department of the government would collect such a complaint? The FTC?
Message 36 of 56 (8,779 Views)

I too would like to be able to use Google Wallet on my HTC One X+

Message 37 of 56 (8,392 Views)
Contributor

Google wallet is exactly what I was looking for. It is an Android app for an Android device. My Galaxy SIII has the appropriate hardware. Why can't I load it and use it? ATT, please change your policies regarding application censorship. If your loyal customers (in my case, a customer of more than 20 years with residential phone, mobile, uverse, and internet) want to load a competing app onto their phone, let them! If your app (ISIS) is better, we will switch to it. If it is not better, it is doomed to failure anyway.
Message 38 of 56 (8,245 Views)
Highlighted

I too will be looking for a new service provider. I have been with AT&T for many years and to have them tell me what apps I can and can not use on MY device is unacceptable.
Message 39 of 56 (8,174 Views)
Scholar

Get a nexus and stop complaining
Message 40 of 56 (8,165 Views)
Contributor

It dose not matter what atnt comes up with I DONT CATER TO PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE OR HARD WARE thats why I dont have an iphone or apple anything for that matter. So just do yourselves a favor atnt let us use google wallet!!!
Message 41 of 56 (8,143 Views)

[ Edited ]

There must be some form of law broken by them stopping us from installing software we have access too. Especially when it is out there for devices of completely identical nature and specs. I suppose I should just wait until Google has their own phone company and just drop att. No carrier deserves money from this form of treatment. If you want someone to use your product, make it better than the other products out there. This is nothing more than pure, lazy, evil, unacceptable, greedy, poor sportsmanship, cowardice, and probably illegal; and if it isn't, it really should be.  PS: Censorship isn't nice either att. They were nothing more than hard criticism of the company. You are walking on thin ice, and I'm probably not the only one here when I start walking towards and ice pick.

Message 42 of 56 (8,077 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

WantsGWsomuch wrote:
There must be some form of law broken by them stopping us from installing software we have access too. Especially when it is out there for devices of completely identical nature and specs. I suppose I should just wait until Google has their own phone company and just drop att. No carrier deserves money from this form of treatment. If you want someone to use your product, make it better than the other products out there. This is nothing more than pure, lazy, evil, unacceptable, greedy, poor sportsmanship, cowardice, and probably illegal; and if it isn't, it really should be. PS: Censorship isn't nice either att.They were nothing more than hard criticism of the company. You are walking on thin ice, and I'm probably not the only one here when I start walking towards and ice pick.

I believe Isis is owned by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. One could probably argue that they are illegally colluding to keep others out of the market by only allowing Isis on their networks.

Message 43 of 56 (8,042 Views)

We should be able to choose on our own AT&T, we don't need you acting like you know what's best for us. If we don't like it we don't install it. I hate google for forcing us to keep apps on our phone, or I guess apks is more approprate, that we never use. However, I may hate you more for not giving us a choice.

Message 44 of 56 (7,871 Views)
Contributor

why At&T block google wallet with no isis wallet nation wide yet and may not get it for years
Message 45 of 56 (7,731 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.