For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
EastBayPunk's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, March 9th, 2013 3:25 AM

Refusing delivery and getting the phone elsewhere?

So I ordered the HTC One today through AT&T's site.. then later I saw that it's half the price at Best Buy// my question is this: I want to go to Best Buy tomorrow and get the phone there.. is that something I can do? I agreed to a 2 year plan when buying the phone through AT&T.. can Best Buy work around that? I plan on refusing the delivery from AT&T

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@EastBayPunk wrote:

So I ordered the HTC One today through AT&T's site.. then later I saw that it's half the price at Best Buy// my question is this: I want to go to Best Buy tomorrow and get the phone there.. is that something I can do? I agreed to a 2 year plan when buying the phone through AT&T.. can Best Buy work around that? I plan on refusing the delivery from AT&T

the answer is it depends - have you recieved the phone from att yet? If not you need to wait till it shows up then use buyers remorse, return the phone and wait till your status changes, if you have recieved the phone and it is less then 14 days you can still use buyers remorse and return the phone to att and wait till your upgrade status changes. If after 14 day you are pretty much out of luck - and to answer the next question - no att does not price match no matter what.

ATT has to handle the return of the phone, Best Buy cannot

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Are you sure you ordered the HTC One?  I just went on both Best Buy and ATT websites and can't find any information other than they are "coming soon."  I then called both companies and and requested info on preorder and none was available. (As of Mar 9,10:30 am PST)

It is very easy to confuse HTC phones since some have letters after them, and some of those letters can be very small.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure.. If you do a search on AT&T's site it will come up.. I saw the "coming soon" stuff too.. I guess they need to update their ads.. But yeah, it's already been shipped.. I'm gonna just keep it instead of dealing with the hassle of refusing the package and going to Best Buy.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Are you REALLY REALLY SURE?   I did that search and here is the link--

http://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp?App_ID=HOME&autoSuggest=FALSE&tabPressed=FALSE&q=HTC+One#!/All/

On the top of page 2 it lists the One, but when you click on it, you get the same "coming soon" message.  Could you provide me with your link?  Because I want this phone.  It could be that if you are on the east coast you might be getting it sooner?  Not sure where you are.

If you get that phone from ATT you will probably be the first one in the US to do so, excluding the freebies they send to websites and others.  Plus---I can't find it on Best Buy. 

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Don't pay attention to those "coming soon" ads.. I believe they are old

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Well, that is the HTC One X.  Two generations ago.  Then they came out with the X+.  Yes, it is $99 on ATT and $49 on Best Buy, but it is not the ONE.  Thanks for the link.  You migiht like the ONE X. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Oh ok.. I wasn't aware of the new one coming.. But, I did my research on the One x.. I definitely like it.. Decent upgrade from my iPhone 4.. I'm done with Apple

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Don't blame you.  My son has an Iphone 4.  He is having reception problems.  Thanks for the response.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.