The Samsung Galaxy S24
tucson146's profile

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

Friday, March 28th, 2014 6:47 PM

Re-install deleted App

I accidentally deleted-into trash an app  (not uninstalled) from my S3.  I've been trying to reinstall it (although I don't think it was really uninstalled). 

When I go to Google Play,  of course it says installed and when I try to install it again,  it shows downloading and then times out with an error 923 and 495.  I've cleared cache and rebooted and can't find any pieces of it.

Any thoughts would be a help.

Thx,  Bill

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I did try that.  It was not there (I agree,  it should have been).  This is the email responce I received from the app manufacturer.  This did restore the icon.

Step1: Clear Cache

If your device has a strong Internet connection, clear your cache and data on the  Google Play Store and Download Manager apps, then try your downloads again.

Note: If you've changed your settings on the  Google Play Store app (content filterspassword protection, etc.), after clearing your cache and data, you'll need to change them again in the Play Store app's Settings.

Google Play Store app

1. Open your device's main Settings menu.
  2. Under "Device", touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
  3. Swipe to view "All" apps.
  4. Select the  Google Play Store app.
  5. Under "Cache", touch Clear cache.
  6. Under "Storage", touch Clear data.

Download Manager

1. Open your device's main Settings menu.
  2. Under "Device", touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
  3. Swipe to view "All" apps.
  4. Select Download Manager.
  5. Under "Cache", touch Clear cache.
  6. Under "Storage", touch Clear data.

Step 2: Try signing out and sign in back to Google Play store. 

Step 3: Restart the device. 

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I'd reccomend moving this, or asking in the Android section.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/bd-p/Android

-Alex

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

10 years ago

You didn't "delete" the app -- you simply removed the icon from one of the screens.

Go to the Apps "drawer" (icon looks like 16 small white squares arranged in a square), find the icon of the app that you removed, hold your finger on the icon, then drag it to whichever screen you want (if you drag it to one side or the other, you can scroll through the screens).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.