The Samsung Galaxy S24
Wakingnirvana's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, April 4th, 2019 12:17 AM

Razer phone 2 update

Is the Razer phone 2 not getting the android 9.0? I got the 8.1 when ever I check for a update it say I am up to date. I know all the other android phone are running the 9.0? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

AT&T tests updates before they release.  I would expect delays.  

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1323327/Razer/Razer0259UA20/

(edited)

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I also have the same question, Everywhere I look online says that the update comes out today (April 4th) although I don't see any articles from AT&T themselves. Can AT&T please confirm???

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

They will probably stagger it throughout the day and possibly even through the week. That way their servers don't get bogged down with people downloading the update.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Madroxide wrote:

They will probably stagger it throughout the day and possibly even through the week. That way their servers don't get bogged down with people downloading the update.

@Madroxide 

Please explain to me how servers would get bogged down from a phone that only sold under 750k?  Razor admitted they were not ready for the mobile space.

https://www.droid-life.com/2019/02/19/razer-cuts-2-of-workforce-in-realignment-phone-division-future-questionable/

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Simple, the update is not the only thing on at&ts network, they have millions of users on the network sending pictures, facebooking, instagraming and other time wasting things. A large update file will not help matters even if it's only to a few thousand phones. That's still terabytes of data trying to be sent all at once of over an already loaded network. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Madroxide wrote:

Simple, the update is not the only thing on at&ts network, they have millions of users on the network sending pictures, facebooking, instagraming and other time wasting things. A large update file will not help matters even if it's only to a few thousand phones. That's still terabytes of data trying to be sent all at once of over an already loaded network. 

@Madroxide 

Except the update is not carried over the cell network.  Its download from wifi which does not impact cellular functions.  That is the main reason ATT requires WiFi to download a update as it will not impact a cell tower since the data never get transmitted over cellular.  The only data that gets check is the phones IMEI number and to see if you need the update.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Okay that makes sense. I stumbled across that link you provided before. It says I am update with 8.1. though they might still be testing the razer. I know Razer released it for the unlocked phones back in February. Was just making sure it wasn't just me. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

it's june and it's still not here...

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah don't think it is coming.  I bought out the contract and went to a competitor. Next time I will by the phone out right. Best of luck man. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Can you confirm date?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.