The Samsung Galaxy S24
Wakingnirvana's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, April 4th, 2019 12:17 AM

Razer phone 2 update

Is the Razer phone 2 not getting the android 9.0? I got the 8.1 when ever I check for a update it say I am up to date. I know all the other android phone are running the 9.0? 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Good point, but the "network" isn't only the cell signal. The servers are the heart of the network and the towers are controlled by them and they also hold any data downloaded from att even if it's over WiFi. I'm pretty sure the update is on those servers also. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Can it be confirmed they have received the update or not yet?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

For anybody else that is interested. If you buy out the phone you are still stuck with att for updates. I was hoping that if I bought it and had it unlocked I would be able to get the manufacturer updates and after talking with Razer they said still had to go through att to get any updates.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

It will be an AT&T version of Razer phone 2 on July 17.

July 17, 2019: July Security Patch Level
•Android version: 9.0
•Security Patch Level (SPL): July 17, 2019
•Baseband version: G960USQS4CSC8 // G965USQS4CSC8
•Build Number: PPR1.180610.011.G960USQS4CSC8
PPR1.180610.011.G965USQS4CSC8

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

the information I posted earlier was provided to me by customer support but they gave me the information for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 not the Razer phone 2

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

the information have received from customer support now says the pie update should be pushed on July 10th for the Razer Phone 2 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Thank goodness, it's great news to hear about a July pie release. I was preparing to flash the unlocked build to get updates directly from Razer. But now I don't have to take the risk. 😁

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

Can you please tell me how you got in touch with an agent who can provide that info? I would like to know when new phones will be shipped with Android 9.0 already installed, as opposed to updating a new phone from OREO?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I got some newly updated information about the Android 9 pie update for the Razer phone 2 so I spoke to somebody at customer support and the person I spoke with said it will be rolling out soon but there is no release date so will see what happens.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

It is now July 10th, I'm not holding my breath as to if the pie update gets pushed out today. Seems like AT&T has a history of lying just to tell you what you want to hear. Found that out when I ordered this phone, called to see when it would come 3 times and got completely different answers everytime. Ridiculous

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.