Ran latest update for Galaxy S4 but now stuck in boot loop.

Contributor

Ran latest update for Galaxy S4 but now stuck in boot loop.

Heres what happened. I downloaded the newest upgrade via wireless and when my s4 restarted, it got stuck in the boot loop. I am able to get into the recovery mode, but wipe the cache partition, but upon reboot it still goes gets stuck in the boot loop. I havent tried to do the wipe/factory reset option yet because I have data that still needs to be backed up. I would really like to try and recover some data/photos etc before performing the factory reset. Is there a way to re-download the latest updates and copy them onto my SD card to try and re-run the updates? I have previously enabled developer mode but unfortunately I turned off USB debugging a couple days ago. Any tips to help me get my data back before trying to perform the factory reset? Thanks! CL
Message 1 of 2 (3,967 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Ran latest update for Galaxy S4 but now stuck in boot loop.

If you can't use adb to pull the data off the phone when it's booted into recovery, then I'm not sure. Check out xda-developers forums, people there are more likely to be able to help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (3,906 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.